Protect the information you share through Gmail!
Unlike most email services, Gmail provides an extra layer of security to protect the information we send from our outbox. confidential mode is a feature that allows you to assign an expiration date to emails. Much like the popular movie phrase “this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds.”, but modified for a user-selected time period.
When sending e-mails, the user can be one hundred percent sure that the information will not remain longer than necessary with the recipient It’s included, allows you to revoke access to the message
Steps to configure confidential mode in Gmail
With the application open on the iPhone, we only have to configure the expiration time and choose an authentication type:
- Launch the Gmail app.
- Tap the Compose button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Compose the new email by entering the email address you want it sent to, followed by the subject and body of the message.
- Tap the More button (three dots) in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Choose confidential mode. And choose from the “Set Expiration” options which include: Expires in 1 day, Expires in 1 month, Expires in 3 months, Expires in 5 years
- After setting the expiry period, you will need to press “Request an access code”.
- Press Standard to choose between SMS Passcode and Standard**.
when selecting Standard, recipients using the Gmail app will be able to open the email directly, while recipients not using Gmail will receive an access code via email. If you choose the SMS passwordyou will need to enter the recipients phone number and they will receive an access code via SMS. Select the checkmark in the upper right corner of the screen to finish and send your email.
By setting confidential mode, Gmail will display a notice in the body of the email indicating the expiration date of the content. Of course, when configuring this option, you must take into account that confidential emails cannot be scheduled.
Although this feature improves privacy and security, not immune to screenshots or malware management to copy or download messages and attachments.
Gmail offers several options to manage, organize and, as we have already verified, increase the security of our messages, with which it continues to maintain its place among the favorite applications in its category.
Related Topics: tutorials
Sign up for Disney+ for 8.99 dollars and without permanence