Apple It has been characterized since its inception by providing a solid and practical ecosystem that works wonders between its devices. So, Mac computers they couldn’t be the exception.
Among the great characteristics that accompany these teams, there is the well-known “Personal access point”, a feature that allows share internet connection from Mac to other devices in different ways.
A more than useful option when we have other computers or equipment that cannot access the network in a traditional way. If you want to know how to use your Mac as an Internet router to share the network over Ethernet, join us to find out.
Share internet from Mac computer using WiFi over Ethernet
Share your Internet connection from a Mac computer it’s easier than you might think. You can share via Wi-Fi, USB-C and even through a Thunderbolt port (depending on the model of the other computer) without problems.
In this case, we will stop to show you how you can do it using a Ethernet connection. For this process, just follow a few simple steps that we leave for you below:
- The first step is to connect the two Mac computers using an Ethernet cable, this can be directly through the ports of each computer or through the home outlet.
- Now go to “System Preferences> Sharing> Internet Sharing” located in the list of services located on the left side of your screen.
- Inside the section “Share your connection from”, you have to choose Wireless.
- Once done, in the section “With other computers via” you must check the box Ethernet. It is possible that more than one device appears in the list, this will depend on the interfaces of each device.
- Then check the box “Share Internet” so that you can access the network.
- Finally, you will receive a notification from Apple, but nothing to worry about. Just press “Start”.
In this case, the equipment sending the signal will create a IP adress to share the connection and with which it manages the transmission of data to and from the other computer.
Share your Mac’s Ethernet connection via WiFi
The process is similar to share the Internet from a Mac via Ethernet
- Connect the two Macs using an Ethernet cable.
- Go to “System Preferences> Sharing> Internet Sharing” in the Services list located on the left side of your screen.
- Inside the section “Share your connection from”, you have to choose Ethernet.
- Once done, in the section “With other computers via” you must check the box “Wireless”.
- Now Mac will start sharing your Ethernet connection over Wi-Fi.
This way you can share the Internet from one Mac to another without problems, in addition, enjoying full browsing speed, according to your contracted plan.