Losing control of the sofa is very normal, but luckily you now have a very simple remedy. Can we turn our iPhone into a universal remote control compatible with any TV on the market. Also, if you have multiple devices, you can just use your iPhone to control them all.
How to turn the iPhone into a remote control? good via an app, It could not be otherwise. The latest Smart TVs allow us to control them from our iPhone, even if it doesn’t have an infrared port. And here is a compilation of the best.
Universal remote control iPhone apps
In the App Store we have many apps to control TV from the new iPhone. There are official apps from major manufacturers, like Samsung or LG, but also third-party apps that work very well. Here are the steps to follow:
- Download one of the apps we leave for you below.
- Connect your iPhone and your TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the app and start controlling your TV.
universal tv remote control
It’s the best app in the App Store, turn your iPhone into a universal remote control for your TV. It has a very good design and you can control options like changing volume, number of channels, playback controls, menus, tools and turning off the TV.
- Compatible TVs: Samsung, LG, Sony, Philips, Panasonic, Hitachi, Telefunken, Grundig and Continental Edison TV.
Remote control app for Samsung TV
The application Samsung Smart Things lets us control all of the company’s devices, including Samsung smart TVs. If you have a Samsung TV which can connect to the internet and which has been launched in recent years, with this app you can easily control it from your iPhone.
- Compatible TVs: Samsung smart TV.
Control app for LG TV
It’s the LG’s official app to use your iPhone as a remote control. It is compatible with LG TVs with webOS operating system released from 2014. With this app, we can control LG TVs and send content like videos or photos.
- Compatible TVs: LG TV with webOS after 2014.
Remote control app for Sony TV
If you have one Sony TV, this is the best app you will find to turn your iPhone into a remote control. The app duplicates your TV’s original remote, so you can do anything that can be done with the remote.
- Compatible TVs: Soni Bravia televisions.
Use your iPhone as an Apple TV remote
If you have an Apple TV, your iPhone can also become a remote control, and it does that natively, too, without having to install anything. To use your iPhone as an Apple TV remote, follow these steps:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings> Control Center and Add Apple TV Remote.
- Now wherever you are, drag the control center.
- Press the icon with the controller.
- Control Apple TV that’s connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
As you see, it is very easy to control your TV, whatever the brand, from your iPhone. All you need is one of those apps installed on your iPhone to turn it into a remote control.