Most of the time we can use the Apple Watch to unlock our Mac without entering a password. At macOS Catalina, Apple has been able to work with you allowing you to use the Apple Watch in more cases. We can now access system preference panels either check the Safari passwords with a simple double tap on our watch.
Before we begin there are some preliminary considerations that we need to pay attention to in order to use this function.
- The session should start with the same Apple ID on our Mac and Apple Watch.
- We have to have the validation done Reason on Apple ID.
- The Apple Watch must be updated to watchOS 6.
How to work to make permissions from Apple Watch
If we meet the above requirements we can enable this function, we will do it from our Mac. The steps are as follows:
- In the Apple menu () we select it System Preferences.
- We're in Security and privacy.
- We add a tab Normal.
- We touch the left key and enter the password for our Mac.
- We're working Use Apple Watch to open apps with Mac.
- Enter the password for our Mac.
How to use the opening function
As for Mac, unlocking it is as easy as that draw near to him In our view of Apple. Remember that after the restart it is necessary to enter the code. To open apps we will see the program for example: check the passwords for Safari.
- We open the app Safari on our Mac.
- Press Command (⌘) +, (comma key).
- We add a tab Passwords.
- When asked for a password we will see a slight movement in our clock. Simply we will double press the side button to open the options panel.
It's that simple. We can use this method in many parts of the program:
- Allow purchase or download in the App Store.
- Open the system preferences.
- Open password protected notes in notes.
- Check out Safari passwords.
- Allow installation of new applications.
It is undoubtedly a useful tool, especially if our Mac does not have a sensor ID sensor. Over time, with versions, we will surely see more and more parts of the program come from there to use this function.