Yesterday, Apple released the fifth beta of iOS 15, iPadOS 15 and tvOS 15. The operating system that will see its public release this fall so go one step further. In the case of a fifth version, there aren’t many new things showing up, but they’re enough for us to list.
Design changes, relocation of options and more information
In this beta most of the changes are cosmetic, although significant, which doesn’t mean, however, that we won’t see more changes in future versions. Stranger things have been seen in the beta, so until the official launch in the fall, anything can happen. The list of changes, pending the fifth beta of watchOS 8 and macOS Monterey, is as follows.
- New icon for the Weather app:
- New icon in Control Center Camera and Lock Screen: After changing the design of the Camera app icon in a previous beta, the new icon now reaches Control Center and our iPhone’s lock screen. A design change that eliminates the shutter button and increases the size of the flash and lens to give it more prominence.
- New icon for sound recognition in Control Center: The sound recognition, which we can turn on and off from the Control Center, has also changed its icon to leave the square in which the sound wave was locked. The new icon, with a magnifying glass analyzing the sound, seems, clearly, more representative of the functionality.
- Reload button in Safari:
- IPad Tab Bar Improvements: Now if we decide to separate the tabs from the navigation bar, the active tab gets a more saturated shading so that we can distinguish which tab we are on.
- Home screen settings: In the Home screen section of the Settings application now appears the option to Use large icons.
- Find information after shutting down iPhone: Instead of presenting an alert the first time we turn off our iPhone informing us that it will continue to be discoverable through the search network, this information now appears under the shutdown slider. A slap on IPhone can be located even after shutdown gives us access to the full explanation and offers us Temporarily disable search.
- Turn off background sounds when locking iPhone:
- Home screens: New home screens in Photos, Reminders, Home and Maps.
- Reviews of TestFlight in the App Store: If we have installed a version of TestFlight, this information is reflected in the App Store and we are offered to go to TestFlight to get more information and manage the application.
- Notifications during concentration state: The design of the notification summary during a state of focus has changed slightly.
- App Store Locator Notice: The App Store now displays a home screen where it explains why to use location services.
- Legacy contacts are carried over for future beta versions: The function that allows to define who can access the contents of an Apple ID after the death of the owner is removed in this beta to return later.
And that’s it, at least what we know so far. The news, as can be seen, was aesthetically oriented and effectively presented the information. News that, on the other hand, may change or disappear in future betas. We will be there in the meantime.