One of the main novelties of the new operating system for iPhone, iOS 16, is the possibility of customizing the lock screen of our phone by adding widgets. Widgets that display information about the applications that we use on our iPhone and that we can already test with these apps which have just been updated to support this fantastic novelty.
The first applications among many others to come
It is expected that all apps that support some type of widget on the screen, which until now we could only use in all app pages on our iPhone, will eventually support widgets on the locked screen. For now, however, Let’s review the list of those that we can already try
- Apollo: The popular Reddit client offers several widgets to be able to see our inbox if we have posts to read, the posts that work the most, the trending posts and even direct access to a random post.
- Fantastic: the famous calendar application shows us the next events in different formats, as well as direct access to be able to add new commitments directly from the lock screen of our iPhone.
- Things: all our pending tasks on the lock screen. In the small widget format, we can add a visualization of our progress and a shortcut to quickly add new tasks.
- Package: We can see details of our orders, including their latest status, a countdown to their arrival, and direct access to the app.
- CARROT Weather: It shows us the weather forecast in a simple text format with the current temperature. The direction and speed of the wind, the humidity, the maximum and minimum temperature, the possibility of rain and, in general, almost all the measurements that we can consult in the application. Some of these widgets, however, require a premium subscription.
- Halide: The popular Halide photography application allows us to add quick access to the application so that just like with the button at the bottom we open the camera, with this we can touch and be ready to take our photos .
- Gmail, Chrome and Google Maps: Google apps also want to be on our iPhone’s lock screen. We can add quick access to search, voice search, visual search, view unread messages from Gmail, access to Drive favorites, view route information in time real and several other options.
- Facebook: Zuckerberg’s social network shows us today’s birthdays, as well as the most important updates from the people we follow.
- Fickle: a flight app with which we can see travel countdowns, real-time updates of our flights including boarding gates and other information, and track a flight in progress.
Ultimately, mention widgetsmith, the popular widget maker app lets us add custom URLs, photo shortcuts, and more. We can customize these widgets in the two usual formats, both in text and image format. A good number of options if we take into account that, in addition, the application integrates with others to be able to offer the information directly on our lock screen.
A considerable list, but will grow rapidly as more and more developers are encouraged to implement the possibility of displaying part of the information of your applications on the lock screen of our phones. A novelty that we can already enjoy once iOS 16 has been updated and that allows us to be aware of our daily life without even having to unlock our iPhone.