Calls through applications such as FaceTime, WhatsApp, Telegram, Viber, Zoom or Skype have become very common in the daily life of millions of iPhone users. Naturally, the quality of these calls is essential to communicate with our interlocutors. And the truth is there is a way to improve this quality with a hidden feature on the iPhone, iPad and Macwhich is also very simple.
How to Enable Speech Isolation on Mac
Voice Isolation Mode is something Apple introduced last year with iOS 15. This feature you can also enjoy it on Mac
- With the call in progress, click on the Mac Control Center.
- At the top right we will see the Microphone modes, which we will press.
- Here we will see three options, among which we will choose voice isolation.
We are closing the control center and we will already have quality calls activated for this application or service. There is one aspect that is not clear
How to Enable Voice Isolation on iPhone and iPad
Yesterday we saw how to quickly improve the voice quality of calls from iPhone. The way to enable voice isolation mode is the same on iPhone and iPad, so let’s go over it:
- During a call with our favorite application, we deploy the Control Center on the iPhone or iPad.
- A yellow Mode button with a microphone icon will appear, tap it.
- Three options will be displayed there, among which we will choose voice isolation.
And ready. We will need to make this change from the Control Center in each application where we want to use Voice Isolation. The truth is there should be a general framework from which to control it, without needing to access each application individually. Trust that iOS 16 at WWDC 2022 centralizes this feature and enables it by default, because it makes a difference.
Again, support for this feature is at least on new iPhones with iOS 15. iPhone 12 and earlier doesn’t seem to have support, which is a shame.