The Mac has been conquering the corporate world for some time. Little by little, it expands the space to traditional Windows systems. And now, a new study commissioned by Apple from consulting firm Forrester reveals the benefits Mac companies enjoy among their employees. The most notable of these is a saving of $ 843 over a period of 3 years, where the Mac M1 have proven to be real protagonists.
Cost reduction, employee satisfaction and security as main keys
The study focused on ten companies whose results have been aggregated. The group is 100,000 employees with a deployment of a Mac to 33% of the workforce for three years. The benefits, costs and risks associated with deploying Mac with Intel processor and Mac with M1 Apple Silicon chip were analyzed. Mainly MacBook Air M1 and MacBook Pro M1.
Unsurprisingly, the Mac M1s are only available from November and not for the duration of the 3-year study. But from Forrester, they state that used their experience with the rest of Macs to draw conclusions. Among the most important are the following:
- IT support cost reduced by 12.4 million dollars in 3 years. Compared to a PC, a Mac costs $ 635 less over this period.
- Reduced and avoided costs in the deployment of 37.5 million of dollars. A Mac costs $ 207.75 less than a PC.
- 50% reduction in data breach risk for every Mac deployed. Add a savings of $ 4.5 million.
- Improved performance and employee satisfaction. Retention improves by 20% and your productivity by 5%, adding 48 effective working hours over 3 years. This is a savings of $ 76.9 million.
In total you get $ 843 in savings for each Mac compared to a PC throughout this period. And an overall savings of $ 131.4 million.
The qualities of the Mac M1 highlighted by IT managers
Throughout the report, IT managers responded to study questions with feedback. Their statements are among the most striking, because they are professionals who have worked for years with a “fleet” of PC computers and made the leap to the Mac.
- “The Mac M1s are just better in every way. We’re getting a laptop with a lot more power and a lot more battery at a lower price.”
- “From my perspective, the Mac is easier to deploy, it’s easier to maintain your applications, and it’s easier to keep security up to date. “
- “We have had zero malware incidents in the past three years since moving to a 100% Mac deployment. We’re seeing the traction and retention, productivity and innovation benefits that Macs provide. But in the end, we chose them for their enhanced security ”.
- “Everything is faster because you spend less time waiting around for the little things with the M1. By eliminating those sore spots, it feels so much more powerful and it really improves the overall experience.”
In general, all highlight the same aspects: quick and easy deployment, inexpensive maintenance, software already included, low price, power, battery, security and integration. Not to mention the Mac’s improvement in employee productivity, something Jamf warned us about years ago.