Apple just added several options new to the high-end Mac Pro. These are the Radeon Pro W6800X and the W6900X series, priced at a maximum of 13,340 dollars in its more range. powerful. This option replaces the Radeon Pro Vega II graphics that the model debuted with.
Three new graphics modules for the Mac Pro
Jake Krol is a CNN tech reporter who echoed the change. According to her the new parameters should give a 23% increase in DaVinci Resolvedlas and an 84% increase in Octane X
These should offer big performance improvements like up to 23% faster performance in DaVinci Resolve and 84% faster in Octane X. Imagine the mileage here varies. These will be available for an individual order or for a built to order #Mac Pro.
– Jake Krol (@ Jake31Krol) August 3, 2021
- Radeon Pro W6800X with 32 GB of memory: 2,760 dollars.
- Two Radeon Pro W6800X with 32 GB of memory each: 5,980 dollars.
- Radeon Pro W6900X with 32 GB of memory: 6,440 dollars.
- Two Radeon Pro W6900X with 32 GB of memory each: 13,340 dollars.
- Radeon Pro W6800X Duo with 64 GB of memory: 5,290 dollars.
- Two Radeon Pro W6800X Duo with 64 GB of memory each: 11,040 dollars.
These prices are in addition to the base model of the Mac Pro, which starts at 6,499 dollars. Krol assures that these modules will soon be available for purchase separately and add them to an already purchased Mac Pro. Although they are not on Apple’s website at the moment.
Apple usually updates models like the Mac Pro with additional options, to keep it as up to date as possible. without having to renew all the equipment. This little update looks like the last one until we see the new Mac Pros expected in 2022.