In early 2020, The Information medium claimed that Google was working on an alternative to TikTok whose name would be Shorts. In September of last year, he officially announced this platform as a beta in the US and India.. 10 months later, YouTube officially launched Shorts worldwide, always in phase.
Unlike TikTok, Shorts is natively included in the YouTube app
Google Shorts is one of the alternatives we have to TikTok after the launch of Coils by Instagram.
What can we do with YouTube Shorts
- Add text at specific times in your video
- Use audio from other shorts to mix it with yours
- Add subtitles automatically to your Shorts
- Record up to 60 seconds with camera Short
- Add video clips from your phone gallery the recordings you made with the Shorts camera
- Add basic filters to correct the color of your shorts (we will add more effects in the future)
Content creators have a catalog of millions of songs from more than 250 labels like Sony, Universal, Warner, Kobalty who will soon be joined by others. In fact, they can use all the audios of the videos available on YouTube without encountering any copyright issues.
According to content monetizationGoogle says it’s working on it and it’s a priority for the company right now. Really, what Google does is wait and see if this alternative to TkTok succeeds.
If so, it will launch a monetization system for content creators. If it does not work, We already know what the future of this platform will be: closing.