Many changes are coming to Android, news that will come to phones and tablets around entertainment, communication and image editing. From an adjustable portrait mode in Google Photos that can be used even with plants, to a new highlight grid that will interconnect Google TV on mobile phones and TVs.
Amid the changes we find ourselves in, Google is bolstering its mobile operating system with Android 12L recently rolled into Android 12.1 and Android 13 which remains in developer testing. Also, he planned a list of new features for the Google Pixel, the so-called “feature drop”. What seems little news? well we already know what will soon come to all androids
Improvements to Google Photos, Messages, Widgets and Google TV
Google has extended the functions of the system to the various applications that it offers to mobiles and tablets certified for Android. This way it is much easier for you to carry the news since does not depend on updates from manufacturers: Users only need to download new versions of applications. There are even apps that update themselves, like Google Play Services or the Google Play Store itself.
The Android development company has announced a long list of new features available to all device users. These are:
- Extended portrait mode of Google Photos. The app will let you edit the images to apply background blur not only to people and animals, but also to objects and even plants. All thanks to Google AI and image recognition.
- Digital Habits Widget. Android will include a digital wellbeing related widget that will allow you to manage daily time while offering how each user spent it.
- Share content via Nearby with up to six people at once. Nearby sharing increases the number of concurrent users from one to six.
- Increased support for messages sent to iPhone. Google is bridging the gap between iPhone and Android messaging by adding Emoji reactions. Additionally, Google Photos attachments retain resolution, one-time passwords are deleted after 24 hours, birthday reminders appear, and Google Messages automatically splits communications between home and work.
- Spelling suggestions in Gboard. The Google keyboard will show spelling corrections in the texts entered; offering suggestions that can be changed with a touch.
- Instant transcription without internet connection. The service responsible for converting sound (voice and ambient noise) into text can work offline. Google adds the ability to download different languages to the phone.
- Featured content on Google TV that syncs between mobile and TV. The media content app syncs everything the user saves for later to create a featured channel on the TV’s Google TV interface.
- Google Assistant will be able to pay for parking. Leveraging support for Google Pay payment cards, users in the US can pay for select public parking lots directly with voice and assistant.
All news will soon be available on the various Google applications for Android (some may already be tested). They are all generic and not exclusively limited to Google Pixels.
More information | google