Mobile devices have become so essential in our daily life that we often underestimate how careful we need to be when using them, for example when we are in contact with water.
Unfortunately, this is not the first time that a person has lost their life in this type of accident. According to information shared by Nzherald Woman, 24, died after dropping iPhone in bathtub while charging.
Charging iPhone in bathroom causes fatal crash again
Olesya Semenova, 24, was found by her roommate at her home in Arkhangelsk, Russia. After finding his partner’s body, he contacted authorities to report the incident:
“I screamed, I shook her, but she was pale, not breathing, and showing no signs of life… She was very scared.”
“When I touched it, I received an electric shock … There was a smartphone in the water, it was charging.”
Paramedics confirmed that Olesya, who worked in a clothing store, died in the bathroom and that his iPhone 8 fell apart when it was plugged into the network.
As we saw later in the public photographs of Semenova, taking pictures in the shower was a practice I had done before. But this time, what seemed like a daily action ended up costing him his life.
After knowing the fact, Russian Emergency Ministry authorities have issued a warning due to the frequency with which such tragedies
In recent years, several young Russian women have died from this cause. Irina Rybnikova, 15, died in 2018 after receiving an electric shock from her iPhone that he loaded into the tub in which he showered. According to authorities, Liliya Novikova, an internationally renowned Russian poker star, was also electrocuted in her bathroom last year under the same circumstances.