The World Wide Developers Conference is one of the most important annual events in the world of software development. Although it is limited to iOS or macOS devices, the reality is that Apple uses it as a showcase for its own creations, essentially iOS, iPadOS and the rest of the company’s operating systems.
That’s everything Apple is going to show off at WWDC 2022, including what’s new in iOS 16 and possibly a new Mac. You will know before everyone else what are all the news of the Cupertino company, do not miss them.
What’s new in iOS 16
Apple generally captures all the spotlight with iOS 16, the operating system for the iPhone and from which the rest of the mobile operating systems boot. Here’s all the news we’ll see during WWDC 2022:
- Posts: Apple’s messaging app will improve the reading of voice notes and inherit features built into the competition to improve its performance
- Multitasking: The way we use multitasking will improve considerably in iOS 16, it will even allow us to adjust the window size to use two applications at the same time
- Health: Apple’s fitness information management application will implement a new data recognition system to offer us more information
- Filter to block: This section of the iPhone will now display more information, minimizing the clock, in turn including a series of built-in widgets. The goal could be to open the door to an AlwaysOnDisplay on the iPhone 14 as is already the case on the Apple Watch
- Improvements to the organization and the notification delivery system
- Interactive and more complex widgets, with real-time information
- Section Classic, so that Apple Music users can find their classical music exclusively
- Redesigned Focus Mode options that can allow us to customize it to our liking
- New iCloud Private Relay Features
iOS 16 will be presented at WWDC on June 6. That same day, Apple will make the first beta available to developers (in iPhone News we’ll show you how to install it). In mid-July 2022, the beta will become public and easily accessible to any user, and in September 2022, on the occasion of the launch of the iPhone 14, we will have the final and official version of iOS 16.
In terms of compatibility, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus will be excluded from the update, as well as iPhone 7 and first-generation iPhone SE. In short, here are the models compatible with iOS 16:
- iPhone 7Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (3rd generation)
In short, the minimum required will be to have 3 GB of RAM as well as the A10 Fusion processor from Apple, or a later version.
What’s new in macOS 13
The operating system of Apple Mac computers will also receive its new functions, because it could not be otherwise. In the first place It seems that Apple decided almost 20 years later to change the user interface of the Preferences panel,
Meanwhile, Apple will continue to improve the performance of its ARM processors for recently launched devices and, of course, will use the presentation to show off new devices.
They will focus on a MacBook Air with M2 processor, This one will have a white keyboard, in line with what has already been seen in the company’s other devices according to the color scheme. In addition, the new MacBook Air will adopt the steeper angle designs of the new Macs, as well as a slightly modified M2 processor, instead of using a 3nm architecture, it will retain the 5nm of Apple’s M1 processor, therefore the improvement It will be slight in terms of efficiency, noting something more in the graphics processing.
iPadOS 16 – watchOS 9 – tvOS 16
As you well know, the rest of the operating systems present on the iPad, the Apple Watch and, of course, the Apple TV, are based on iOS. In this way, some (or rather most) of the new features present in iOS 16 will be transferred directly to iPad OS 16,
In this way, we expect that watchOS 9 integrates new functions related to the sampling and analysis of data related to the application Health, in the same way that new spheres will be added, as with each new version. Rumors also point to a Low Power Mode revamp that allows for more background functionality.
As for the iPad The latest rumors are that Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, and Xcode could definitely hit the company’s tablet, especially the Pro models whose hardware can already more than perform the necessary tasks. These small steps would definitely make the iPad a more and more functional product despite the disappointments that its buyers experience year after year due to the limitations posed by its use with iPadOS.
How to watch WWDC 2022
WWDC will take place at 10:00 a.m. in Cupertino, coinciding with thelike 7:00 p.m. in mainland Europe or 6:00 p.m. in the Canary Islands. Here are the times for WWDC in the rest of the world:
- 11:00 a.m. – Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua
- 12:00 – Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Panama, Peru
- 1:00 p.m. – Bolivia, Chile, Cuba, Paraguay, Dominican Republic, Venezuela
- 14:00 – Argentina, Uruguay
Like always, you’ll be able to see WWDC 2022 in the most rigorous live through the Apple Developer website or on our YouTube channel where we will discuss all the news live.
However, don’t worry because in iPhone News we will be constantly posting news to keep you informed. All this news we have published is limited to detailed analysis by rumors, leaks and analysts of the last few months. Although they may differ slightly, they will generally stick to what is published.