If you take a look at pictures and videos of the action role-playing game Asterigos, the project initially seems like a simple combination of two games: the look is initially strongly reminiscent of Immortals: Fenyx Rising, but the similarity to Souls-Likes is particularly evident in the videos like Elden Ring on. In fact, Asterigos wants to be even more.
Was ist Asterigos: Curse of the Stars?
When in doubt, a gameplay trailer gives the best first impression of a game. He tells us little about the story, but shows us some of the action and the enemies that await us in Asterigos:
Asterigos: Trailer for the soulslike with Greek mythology
In Asterigos we play the fighter Hilda who has to explore the cursed city of Aphes to save her missing father. Both combat and exploration and story should play a role. Asterigos comes from the rather unknown developer studio Acme and is scheduled to be released in autumn 2022.
Asterigos: Curse of the Stars – View screenshots of the action role-playing game with Souls-like elements
Weapons and Fighting Styles
In combat we have six different weapon types to choose from. Of these, we can equip two at the same time to create our own fighting style:
- Sword and shield: If we carry this combo, we don’t deal a lot of damage, but we can block most frontal attacks.
- daggers: Daggers allow us to perform m any quick attacks while remaining mobile and dodging quickly.
- Speer: A precise weapon that needs to be learned to parry. But if we succeed, we can launch powerful counterattacks.
- Hammer: A heavy but likely slow weapon that deals a lot of damage and can break through enemy cover.
- Stab: With this weapon we can perform long-range attacks such as throwing fireballs at our opponents, as can be seen in the trailer. But probably less practical in close combat.
- Bracelet: Magical weapons that we can use to set traps for our opponents.
In Aphes we encounter 60 different monsters and 22 unique bosses that are supposed to make our life difficult. Because as it should be for a Souls-Like, the fight should of course not be child’s play. Apparently we can also use various skills that can already be seen in the trailer.
world and history
Another trailer reveals more about the history of Asterigos
Asterigos not only wants to offer us varied fights, but also an interesting world that invites us to explore and tells an exciting story about the curse. The city of Aphes is inspired by ancient Rome and Greek mythology. If you like that, you should definitely take a look at Immortals: Fenyx Rising:
Immortals Fenyx Rising im Test
Ubisoft’s boldest open world in years
On the search for our father in Asterigos we have to make numerous decisions that will probably also influence the outcome of the game. We unveil the story of the cursed city through conversations, documents and cutscenes.
Apart from the story, numerous side quests and collectibles should also be waiting. However, it is not clearly stated whether the world of Asterigos is an open world or whether there will be individual areas that can be freely explored.
What do you think of Asterigos? Do you like the mix of Immortals and Elden Ring or are you still skeptical because the game comes from a relatively unknown developer? Write your opinion in the comments!