No surprise: Also in FIFA 23 the FUT mode plays a central role. Once again, players can build their dream XI of top players if they’re willing to either grind hard or shell out real money for random loot boxes.
FIFA 23 also brings some changes to Ultimate Team when EA’s last FIFA-licensed soccer game releases on September 30, 2022. One of them allows you to earn card packages in single player. We summarize what changes are included.
In Europey, the USK has so far given the FIFA series
from 0 years released, which is met with criticism due to FIFA Ultimate Team’s gambling-like game mechanics. However, the test center adheres to the current legal situation, as you can read here:
»Simulated gambling only«
This is in FIFA 23 Ultimate Team
EA released a new trailer for FIFA 23 showing the customizations for Ultimate Team:
What’s changing in FIFA 23 Ultimate Team? Trailer shows what’s new in FUT
The new features are clearly summarized:
- New single player mode: With FUT Moments, the mode in FIFA 23 gets new content for single players. These are FUT campaigns, seasonal events and challenges inspired by real-world football. Variable lengths of the matches and squad requirements should lower the entry hurdle. Completing challenges earns stars that can be used to purchase rewards, including players and card packs.
- Simplified chemistry: The chemistry system gets a major overhaul in FIFA 23. Players can now positively influence each other regardless of their role on the field. A direct connection via position is therefore no longer required and negative effects due to bad chemistry are also eliminated. This should bring more flexibility when players of the same nationality, team or league are combined.
- Crossplay between specific platforms: Various sub-modes of FUT can be accessed between consoles of a generation together with other players. These include the FUT modes Rivals, Online Friendlies, Champions, Play A Friend and Online Draft. Who can play with whom is complicated: Im Article on crossplay in FIFA 23 you get the details.
- FUT Heroes und Icons: Popular players from past franchises and retired superstars return as active players in FIFA Ultimate Team. For example, users can add Zidane and Beckham to their team.
- FIFA World Cup 2022: The Men’s World Cup will feature special content in FUT.
- Personalization: New customization options allow players, for example, to provide their own stadium with all sorts of beautifications, such as a new roof and various visual effects. The pictures show more of it:
FIFA 23: View images of what’s new in FUT
A notice: FIFA’s Ultimate Team mode features many microtransactions and unfair Pay2Win mechanics. It is therefore better to look for your favorite players directly on the FUT transfer market and buy them there for the in-game currency FIFA Coins instead of spending real money for the randomly filled sets.
At the beginning of 2019, for example, the Team of the Year showed how absurd FIFA’s Pay2Win can be: Even in the most expensive ticket package, the probability of finding one of the strong TOTY players was less than one percent. An internal leak about FIFA 21 last year revealed how EA is trying to lure players into FUT mode.