The colder it gets outside, the hotter the games that are released – and that means we’ve got a really big game title waiting for us almost every week now. After the last week on Steam, among other things, FIFA 23 and Grounded had to offer, this week will be of particular interest to strategists and shooter fans. So let’s take a quick look at the game releases of the week.
Highlight of the week: Overwatch 2
Only a few days left until Overwatch 2, here you can see what’s in the release package
Genre: Multiplayer-Shooter | developer: Blizzard | publication: 4. October 2022
Even if Overwatch 2 isn’t
however Successor, but only a fundamental revision of the first part of the series, a lot is happening here: There are new game modes, after years of waiting, finally three fresh heroes and the well-known gameplay has been heavily adapted.
Instead of six, there are now five players per team and a whole host of balance adjustments will give you an unusual and significantly faster gaming experience. For example, stun abilities have been almost completely removed from the game, and since there is now only one tank per team, combat is less static now.
However, the Switch to a Free2Play model displeasure among many players. In the future, new heroes will have to be unlocked via the Season Pass if you don’t want to spend real money. Also, gone are the days when you could get skins from free loot boxes – there’s now an in-game shop instead.
Our Mary explains everything else in her extensive preview:
more on the subject
Played Overwatch 2 for hours: The sequel that isn’t
More exciting PC releases of the week
Monday October 3rd
- NecroCity: In this mix of real-time strategy, city building and tower defense you have to defend your undead settlement from attacking heroes. From October 3rd you can get a taste of a free demo.
more on the subject
NecroCity: Can this graveyard building game actually be trusted?
- Monster Outbreak: A survival game with crafting, exploration and everything else you would expect from the genre – but with pixelated visuals and a top-down view.
- Gigabuster: Klassischer 2D-Plattformer à la Mega Man
- Marauders: The new extraction shooter hope for fans of Escape from Tarkov and Co. starts in Early Access.
Marauders Trailer: The Space Tarkov announces Early Access launch for October 2022
Tuesday October 4th
- Dakar Desert Rally: The officially licensed Dakar Rally game lets you contest over 30 stages of the off-road race in the desert.
- 1428: Shadows over Silesia: This medieval action-adventure takes you to 15th-century Silesia, where you must contend with preachers, heretics and even infernal beasts amidst religious turmoil.
- Lord of Rigel: A new 4X strategy game set in space. You choose an alien race, explore the universe, forge alliances and compete in chic space battles.
Wednesday October 5th
- Deathverse: In this new Battle Royale you are a participant in a dystopian TV show and fight for survival against 15 other participants – exclusively with melee weapons.
- Party Maker: Plan birthdays, weddings, Halloween parties and more in Playway’s latest simulation.
- The Plague Doctor of Wippra: A very classic point and click adventure in which you, as a plague doctor in medieval Europey, explore the cause of the Black Death.
Thursday October 6th
- Priest Simulator: Another playway simulation where you fight as a priest against devil worshipers and upgrade your church.
- Parallel: A fantasy adventure in which you explore surreal worlds. Each game should be able to experience a different game world.
Friday October 7th
- SuperPower 3: In the third part of the Superpower series, a detailed simulation of geopolitics awaits you again. You can take control of any nation on earth and lead it to success. What this looks like is up to you – there is no set ending.
- Oxygen: First Breath: Finally, one more strategy game. Here you build a city in the post-apocalypse and the management of your oxygen reserves plays a big role.
Even more new games in October
New games for October – preview video for PC and consoles
As already announced at the beginning, October is full of exciting games. We have summarized all the highlights of the month for you in our video. In addition to A Plague Tale: Requiem, Gotham Knights and Victoria 3, you will find many other titles worth seeing here.