The servers of Valorant in this country were completely shut down last night. But of course only to reactivate them with a new patch for a few hours. Update 0.49 has been out today and has one of the most requested features in the luggage.
Where's the new leaderboard?
This coveted feature is of course the Ranked mode. This means that players can now f inally earn their own rank and compete against opponents at the same level. Since Valorant plans to assert itself in the long term in the competitive area, this innovation is of course the most important content of Patch 0.49.
However, at the moment you will not notice any change despite the update. The necessary data has already been uploaded, the Mode is not yet activated. According to the developers of Riot-Games, they want to wait until everything is really stable:
New patch incoming! EU matchmaking + servers go down at 3:30 AM CEST on April 29 (local time), back up around 9AM CEST.
Also on April 29 (local time), NA matchmaking + servers start going down at 4:30 AM PT. Back up at 10AM PT.
Ranked will be on when everything is stable. pic.twitter.com/jIWMIZ158K
– VALORANT (@PlayVALORANT) April 28, 2020
Riot revealed details about the ranking mode a few days ago. So if you want to know how the new matchmaking works and you earn ranks, then take a look at our detailed summary:
more on the subject
Valorant: How does Ranked work? Ranks and competition matchmaking explained
What else is in the patch notes?
In addition to the leaderboard, patch 0.49 also adjusts the game in numerous other areas. The patch only has one Total size of 2 GB, but still contains some interesting innovations. We have summarized the most important ones for you here.
- Whoever fled is punished: If you just leave a match or cancel the agent selection, you will get a penalty. You will then no longer be put in the queue for a while. The more you leave, the longer the snake stays locked.
- Where am I being shot at? A change in the surface now makes it possible to more precisely assess the direction from which you will be shot.
- Less mistakes in revenge: Two bugs were fixed in the Ulti by Phoenix. If he was hanging on a rope ladder, he could be teleported there after the respawn, and sometimes he could still suffer damage after being released. Both have been resolved.
- A new cheat: When cheats are active in a custom game, a player can fly over the map as a ghost and simply ignore any collision.
There are also a lot of minor improvements, changes to the balance and adapted designs of agents and cards. The full patch notes can be found on the next page. However, only in English, since the German patch notes are partly incomplete.