The medieval battlefield of Chivalry II continues to grow as the Galencourt update brings fresh content to the game – including a new mode.
With “House Galencourt” Torn Banner Studios today released a free new update for the medieval multiplayer title Chivalry II. This brings fresh content with it and is equally available on PC (via Epic Games Store), PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X / S.
What exactly are you being offered? The update includes two new maps, a brand new game mode, the return of the arrow camera feature from the first chivalry, over 60 new customization options, and more. At the same time, this content update is only intended to mark the first step, because the makers want to continue delivering additional content for the title in the future.
The main features of today’s update are officially stated as follows:
- Galencourt (New Team Objective Card): The Masonic Army brutally besieged the great walled city of Galencourt, the seat of the Agathic Church. Players take the great fortress walls, blow up the ships of the port and desecrate the relics and the tomb of Feydrid!
- Courtyard (New Team Deathmatch / Free-for-All / Arena Map): An agreement to decide the battle for the court through a duel of champions is broken and unsuspecting nobles are drawn into the carnage.
- Arena mode: Players will experience more competitive, smaller fights with a focus on teamwork in this brand new game mode, where 3-on-3 teams compete against each other and the winner is determined by the first win in 5 rounds. The arena mode will be playable on special versions of 3 maps: “Tournament Grounds”, “Fighting Pits” and the new map “Courtyard”.
- Arrow camera: By popular demand, archers can look forward to the return of the beloved Chivalry: Medieval Warfare feature, which attaches a camera to fired arrows for truly cinematic action shots.
- Over 60 new customization items: The Armory receives over 60 options for new weapons, armor, voice acting, and more that players can use to customize the look of their Agatha Knight and Masonic Order teams. Highlights include the Argon Sword, Skull Breaker Mace, Golden Leaf Shield, and more!