There were tons of rumors in the last few weeks, now it’s official: Counter-Strike 2 is really com ing. Strictly speaking, the fourth Counter-Strike is also officially called Counter-Strike 2, but it will primarily be a technical upgrade to the regular CS:GO. And don’t worry: All of your achievements, skins, etc. will be retained and transferred to the new game free of charge.
Valve has now confirmed this in an official press release that we have at GameStar. And before we clarify the most important facts, here are some short videos to get you in the mood:
Counter-Strike 2 shows how graphics and maps change in the successor to CS:GO
Counter-Strike 2 demonstrates the new 128 tick servers
Counter-Strike 2 shows how realistically the new smoke grenades work
And now for the important facts:
- Counter-Strike 2 will be a technical upgrade from CS:GO to Source Engine 2. This confirms all the rumors of the last few days.
- This upgrade will be free. You transfer all your activations, skins and Co. to the new game.
- Unsurprisingly, one of the most important new features is a completely overhauled look with better technology, better graphics and so on.
- There are new dynamic smoke grenades.
- All maps are revised.
- Movement and shooting now works independently of the tick rate and should therefore feel even more responsive in detail.
As you may have noticed, the whole story was announced in advance:
And you know what’s especially cool? Counter-Strike 2 will be released in summer 2023, so in a few months. However, the first player tests with a selected audience will begin today. If you are one of them: congratulations. If not: neither do we.
What the improved maps look like in detail, what other upgrades are available – we currently don’t know any more than the trailers already reveal. But of course we will keep you up to date!
What do you say to that? Do you feel like giving Counter-Strike another chance? Or are you part of the active players anyway and are you as happy as a schnitzel? Do you have stomach pains, hopes, wishes? Feel free to give us as much feedback as possible in the comments, we look forward to it.
Leave a Reply