The year 2022 picks up where 2021 left off: with sales. But this time not on Steam, but on GOG. Role-playing games in particular are sometimes heavily reduced there, which is why we present you with a list of some particularly lucrative offers below.
From Cyberpunk 2077 to Divinity: Original Sin 2 to Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous – RPG fans will get their money’s worth at the New Year Sale. But not only newer titles are moving into your library for little money, older classics still deserve your attention. That’s why we have some oldies
Exciting offers from the GOG New Year Sale
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Release: 2. September 2021 | Rating: 87 points | Price: 40 Euro (20 percent off)
Pathfinder: The Wrath of the Righteous combat system in the gameplay trailer
Last year, developer Owlcat Games showed how to make an already very good first work even better with Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. The role-playing game is packed with stories, characters and adventures, which are connected to a coherent whole by a challenging combat system. A little tip on the side: If you want to catch up on the first one, you can get it at the moment also reduced at GOG.
But the playful depth has its price. Because Pathfinder 2 requires you to be willing to learn and read a lot, a lot. If you don’t want that, you won’t get very far in the game. But if you dive right in and, thanks to pen and paper experience, have a soft spot for countless character values anyway, you will be able to enjoy the story about angels and demons to the fullest.
You can read in our test why Fabiano came to the conclusion after more than 100 hours that Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is the role-playing game hit of the year for him:
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is the RPG hit of the year!
More New Year Sales offers
If you don’t know anything about Pathfinder, you probably won’t go home without a new game. There are simply too many good titles reduced for that, including:
- Cyberpunk 2077: The antithesis of an insider tip. Anyone who still hasn’t bought the role-playing colossus due to the unsuccessful launch can now strike at a reduced price and set off for the gloomy metropolis of Night City. (30 Euro, 50 percent off)
- Divinity: Original Sin 2: Have you always wanted to explore an RPG world where pretty much any solution you can think of is actually possible? Then Original Sin 2 is for you! Here you can let off steam and experiment to your heart’s content. (18 Euro
- Baldur’s Gate 2: Enhanced Edition: If you ask an RPG veteran what are the best titles of all time, the list will almost certainly come up with that name. The Bioware classic is nothing but legendary and was released in a technically modernized version in 2013. Pure nostalgia feeling! (5 Euro, 70 percent reduced)
- Ruined King: Role-playing game set in the Legaue of Legends universe in which you’ll uncover the mysteries of the deadly Black Mist. Anyone who shrugs at the naming can breathe a sigh of relief: As Steffi found out in her test, the really good role-playing game is not only suitable for LoL fans. (24 Euro, 20 percent off)
Ruined King is a great role-playing game, not just for arcane fans
- Gamedec: Isometric single player RPG in dystopian cyberpunk setting. However, your character does not fight with weapons, but with his razor-sharp wits to uncover sinister plots. (24 Euro, 20 percent off)
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines: For many years, the vampire role-playing game was the epitome of a technical debacle. But countless patches from the passionate community have uncovered and polished the jewel slumbering beneath the many bugs. A real insider tip in terms of story and atmosphere! (9 Euro
more on the subject
Vampire Bloodlines gets more fan updates after 18 years
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance: Historically accurate medieval RPG in which you roam a Bohemian landscape in 1403 as a country bumpkin named Heinrich. If you value varied quests and a lot of realism, you should take a closer look at the title. (9 Euro, 70 percent reduced)
- The Forgotten City: In this mystery RPG you explore a Roman city and do detective work to solve a crime. Violence is one solution – but certainly not the best. Rather, it is important to conduct attentive discussions and make morally difficult decisions. (19 Euro, 25 percent off)
- Jade Empire: RPG by Bioware in ancient Japan, the … wait, please what? If you’re hesitant now, you’ll understand why we included the title in our recommendations. The game went under when it was released in 2005, although it doesn’t have to hide from other titles from the studio in terms of quality. Anyone who likes Far Eastern flair and martial arts should strike now. (3 Euro, 74 percent reduced)
Our recommendations in price comparison
Finally, there’s our usual price comparison table, which shows you the prices of the games in the most popular stores. This allows you to choose the cheapest offer for you.
|GoG||Steam||Gamesplanet||Epic Games Store|
|Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous||39,99$||49,99$||49,99$||49,99$|
|Divinity: Original Sin 2||17,99$||44,99$||–||–|
|Baldur’s Gate 2: Enhanced Edition||4,79$||15,99$||–||15,99$|
|Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines||8,89$||19,99$||–||–|
|Kingdom Come: Deliverance||8,99$||29,99$||14,99$||–|
|The Forgotten City||18,79$||24,99$||22,49$||24,99$|