Actually, Valheim already has a lot that a good role-playing game has to offer: fighting, crafting, exploration, bosses and so on.
All that’s missing is magic and sorcery – until now! Because anyone who has always wanted to turn their Viking into a real witch now has the opportunity thanks to a new mod. We introduce you to what it can do.
Magic like in Skyrim
These spells exist: The mod Skyheim implements a total of 13 magic spells. These are divided into five different ranks – the higher the level, the more powerful the spell.
- Frostbolt – Fires a bolt of frost that deals frost damage and slows enemies.
- Firebolt – A fireball that ignites enemies, causing fire damage over time.
- Healing – Heal the player and allies over time.
- Light – Summons a ball of light that follows the player.
- Force – Summons a shield wall and stuns enemies.
- Invigorate – Restores stamina instantly and over time.
- Warmth – Grants cold resistance and health and stamina regeneration.
- Recall – Teleports the player back to the spawn.
- Travel – Increased movement speed at the expense of mana.
- Blink – Teleports the player a little forward.
- Frost Nova – An ice nova freezes nearby enemies.
- Immolate – A circle of fire surrounds the player and ignites all nearby enemies.
- Glacial Spike – Fires a volley of deadly icicles.
- Chain Lightning – Casts a chain lightning bolt that hits multiple enemies.
You can watch the spells in action in the following YouTube video:
Link to YouTube content
This is how you get the spells: In order to be able to use the spells, you have to kill the bosses again to obtain crafting materials. With this you can then create runes that represent the respective spells.
For runes of the first rank you have to defeat the first boss Eikthyr, because they need antlers to make them. For spells of the second tier, you kill the ancient in the Black Forest – and so on.
By the way, we explain to you here in our guide how you can easily and effectively deal with the bosses:
more on the subject
Valheim: Defeat bosses easily
This is how you install the mod
Like most Valheim mods, Skyheim also needs the plugin BepInEx, which you can also download from Thunderstore.io and install as described there.
If you have now downloaded the Skyheim, you only have to copy the DLL file into the BepInEx plugin folder – done!
We have collected more exciting mods for you in our large mod overview for Valheim. There you will find the best mods from the categories gameplay, comfort, graphics and functions.