Even the first Dying Light was provided for a very long time and with a lot of new content after the release – and Dying Light 2 continues seamlessly. The update to version 1.4 brings with it a free chapter.
Starting tomorrow, June 14th, Techland will release the new version 1.4 update for Dying Light 2: Stay Human – and this will also include a first free chapter for the survival title. In addition, the photo mode is also on board, as well as other new game content, events and systems.
The first chapter marks just the beginning of the game’s five (!) year support plan for the moment. Accordingly, many more such content will follow in the future, as well as further changes and improvements in Villedor.
It begins now with the chapter “In the Footsteps of a Nightrunner” in which you must help the character Harper, a former Nightrunner, in his efforts to fight the special infected that threaten people in The City. As a reward, of course, new, powerful equipment beckons.
The other features of the update or chapter detached from the also available photo mode at a glance:
- Chapter Agent – Former Nightrunner Harper is the link to the new adventure. He can be found in the Fish Eye Canteen and is asking for players’ help in taking down the Special Infected.
- New ranking system and unlockables – In the new system, the bond between the player and the agent is strengthened as they complete their tasks. In addition, players can rank up with enough Reputation Points to unlock access to high-end weapons, outfits, and consumables.
- Daily and weekly bounties – Players can face off against the infected in a series of daily and weekly nighttime activities that earn them Reputation Points upon completion.
- Two new currencies – In order to purchase new items, players must first collect mutation samples from the corpses of the Special Infected and purchase unique Harper Tokens with each new rank.
- New Enemies – Players will encounter new deadly and ferocious mutant infected: the Volatile Tyrant and the Volatile Hive.
- chapter missions – Players can purchase a special Chapter Mission Ticket from Chapter Agent and try to complete extremely challenging and demanding time trials to test their stealth, parkour or combat skills to the limit.
- New feature: photo mode – Techland responds to the community’s request: the Photo Mode feature is finally here! Players can now document their adventures in The City with photos.