Have you already played Elden Ring and not been challenged enough? Or are you even a fan of games like Ark, The Forest or Rust? Then the following mod is just right for you, as it expands the Soulslike with genuine survival elements.
Rémy would also prefer Dark Souls 4 with survival elements. In his column he explains why this is so:
Elden Ring is great, but the world needs Dark Souls 4
Elden Ring: Survival-Mode
The mud Grimrukh, who has also worked on expansions for Dark Souls 1, announced via Twitter that he is working on a survival mode for Elden Ring. The mod should even be released today, June 6th, 2022, free of charge for everyone after a preview stream.
What does the mod change in detail?
- Hunger and thirst: Over time you will need to eat and drink, otherwise your health will suffer and your life bar will decrease.
- Diseases: If you are hit by specific enemies, they can transmit diseases that can affect your hunger and thirst values.
- New items: According to the modder, there should be some new crafting recipes and items to be able to produce food and heal diseases.
- Areas with Status Effects: In the first trailer you can see how the heat in Caelid affects the player. On the other hand, you can also produce suitable items that protect you from negative status effects.
- Raven Black Nights: In survival mode you have to equip torches or lanterns so you can see something in the night. But even with the light sources, the view is severely limited.
- Upgrading and crafting new weapons: New items with which you can upgrade your weapons. It should also be possible to produce completely new weapons.
Grimrukh has already published a short trailer on Twitter. You can already see some of the changes in this short clip:
link to Twitter content
When will the mod be released?
already on 06. June 2022 it should be time. After an introductory stream on the Twitch channel of LobosJr should the survival mode go online.
Where is the mod available for download?
There is no product page yet, but Grimrukh has always published his mods on NexusMods. So check his during the day Account over.
Will the mod be free?
In all likelihood, survival mode will be made available for free download for everyone. True, Grimrukh also has one Patreon-Websitebut only sells perks there that give fans an insight into the development and the opportunity to influence the mods.
How do I install the mod?
There is no more detailed information on this either. However, you will most likely need to download the mod, install it using an .exe file, and then launch Elden Ring in offline mode.
A notice: As soon as the mod has been officially released, we will add all missing information and download links to this article.
What do you think of this mod? Haven’t you had enough of Elden Ring and give Survival Mode a try? Write it to us in the comments!