Fortnite continues on its steep path, this time with an update to match the sudden and impromptu appearance of the “Among Us” mode, call cheater for the close friends. And above all a single catchphrase: “Don’t trust anyone”.
see also: TEST of Road 96 (PC): The narrative road trip between two ages
Fourteen days cheater is a mode that is actually played ten players maximum : eight agents dealing with the node and two scammers trying to take control of it. Epic tells us what these roles correspond to.
The equipment that the node make a well-oiled machine and it is up to the Dreamlike Institute agents to make sure that nothing changes. Tasks such as calibrating chests and llamas, repairing the combat bus or delivering storm reports are carried out. To be successful in agent missions, it is necessary to get the tasks done quickly and identify suspicious behavior from cheaters.
To get the victory for the IO, players must complete all the requested tasks or eliminate all cheaters through a vote. It’s teamwork that allows players to expose those who pose as mere agents but keep an eye on their potential allies because anyone can be a cheater!
- The role of the cheater is simple Mission: Kill enough agents to take control of the node before they are discovered. There are many tools that can be used to harm agents:
- Deactivate tasks : Temporarily freezes the progress of all tasks to save you valuable time.
- Bring players : Move all agents and scammers to another location in the node.
- Fte banana : For a short time, all agents and scammers look like Banana. This allows scammers to blend in with the crowd! Scammers also have a list of tasks they can perform to gain agents’ trust. However, every task completed brings the agents closer to victory.
GROUP AND COMMUNICATION
- Players can throw cheater according to groups of any size and free places are automatically filled.
- Players who prefer to play with friends have the option to select the Private option by launching Impostors and starting a custom game with at least 4 players.
- Games with 4-7 players have only one cheat, while games with 8 or more players have 2.
- To keep the game balanced and fun, public voice chat is disabled in Imposters, but group chat is still available.
Players can force chat with others to accuse suspects and vote them out.
These discussions can take place in 2 ways:
- By finding and reporting a clearing agent
- By interacting with the chat panel in the central node room. These chats allow players (agents and cheaters) to exchange information using emotes in the brand new quick chat menu.
- At the end of any discussion, agents and scammers can vote to knock someone out or to pass the vote. When an agent is subjugated due to a vote, it helps the cheaters get closer to victory.
Sometimes not voting is the best solution so that players cannot trust anyone.