You used to be able to choose between “Quality” and “Performance” on your PlayStation? With Ghostwire: Tokyo, the choice really gets bigger as we now benefit from six settings!
According to our colleagues at VGC, who have already collected their GhostWire: Tokyo trial key, Tango Gameworks’ game will benefit from many graphic options. We won’t lie to you, most of them will only be accessible to players equipped with a relatively modern and high-quality screen.
Various graphics options for GhostWire
So we can choose between:
- quality mode : High-fidelity rendering with ray tracing enabled and a framerate capped at 30 FPS
- Performance mode : An option for maximum fluidity when playing at 60 FPS
- High framerate quality : A mode that uses the quality mode settings but does not limit the frame rate, resulting in a game running between 30 and 50 fps.
- High frame rate performancee: Performance mode but without frame rate limitation, for those who have 120Hz screens or more.
- High Frame Rate Quality (VSync)/High Frame Rate Performance (VSync) : We use the previous two modes and add a vertical sync to eliminate tearing problems (tearing of the image). This is for those who don’t have a screen with VRR technology (which adjusts the screen’s refresh to match the console’s framerate).
The big release in March
Remember that Ghostwire: Tokyo will be released on March 25 on PC and PS5, knowing that Ghostwire: Tokyo Prelude will allow you to immerse yourself in the game universe. This is a visual novel that serves as a prequel and has been available on PC, PS4 and PS5 since March 8th.
For more information about the game, we recommend you to check out the game preview made by friend Thomas Pillon, knowing that you can find his impressions here.