Gran Turismo 7 has taken a beating over the past few days, partly because of an update that went wrong and immensely expensive vehicles. Now Sony has taken a stand on this and is announcing improvements.
Gran Turismo 7 has managed to drive the fanbase up the wall, mostly with immensely expensive vehicles, both in terms of credits and microtransactions. The players even defended themselves with an exploit. Now Sony has finally commented on the problems and is announcing, among other things, an upcoming patch that should improve the situation.
Said patch should appear in early April and, among other things, increase the number of events and bring the reward system into shape. The preliminary patch notes state:
- Increased rewards at events in the second half of World Circuits by an average of about 100%.
- Additional high rewards for completing the Circuit experience in all Gold/Bronze results.
- Increase in rewards in online races.
- A total of eight new one-hour endurance race events will be added to the missions. These also have higher reward settings.
- Increase of the upper limit for unpaid balances in player wallets from 20 million cr. to 100 million cr.
- Increase in the supply of used and legendary cars.
By the end of April, new routes and vehicles are to be brought into play with further updates. Apart from that, Sony wants to transfer compensation of one million credits to the player accounts. If you log in by April 25th, you should be able to find the credits in your account.
Apart from that, the developers are currently working on further fixes that are to be implemented in the short term, but for which there are no specific dates yet:
- Increasing the payout value of limited-time rewards as we evolve as a live service.
- More World Circuit event additions.
- Added endurance races to missions, including 24 hour races.
- Addition of online time trials and awarding of rewards according to the player’s difference to the best time.
- Adjustments so that cars can be sold.
After all, something is happening and it is to be hoped that the developers will bring the game into shape in the medium term so that the fans are happy again.