First it should appear on March 29th, then on March 30th: We are talking about Update 1.5 for New World. The biggest update to date for the online role-playing game brings a lot of new content to the sheet of paper, but it is still a long time coming.
Because shortly before the planned release Amazon via Twitter announced that the publication will be postponed again. It is currently unclear when the patch will appear. The contents, on the other hand, have been known for a long time.
Author André Baumgartner has his doubts as to whether they can save New World:
more on the subject
New World is dying and the story update will not change that
New World: This is in Update 1.5
The big update 1.5 is mainly dominated by two big highlights: On the one hand, Amazon brings the previous story to an end, on the other hand there is a new weapon.
Story Finale: Heart of the Stormwind
The focus of update 1.5 is the last chapter of the story: You go to Broach Mountain and receive the last quest from Yseult Meredith. This will eventually lead you to the new expedition of the same name. There you go to the capital of Gloomy Home and discover secrets from the past of antagonist Isabella.
Isabella is then also the final enemy to defeat. In order to complete the expedition, you must also be level 60 and have an armor value between 550 and 570.
If you are interested in the history of New World and its continent Aeternum, you will find the colleagues from MeinMMO a practical summary.
New weapon: Blunderbuss
The Blunderbuss is a new ranged weapon that deals its most damage at medium and short range. The biggest special feature is that it scales with strength and intelligence, making it particularly suitable for melee fighters and mages.
Like all other weapons, the blunderbuss has two different talent trees:
- Enclosure: This is all about getting close to opponents so you can give them a full broadside from a few yards
- Chaos: Here, on the other hand, you stay at a distance and rely on attacks with a large area effect
Last but not least, there is of course a new legendary weapon questline, as long as you are level 60 and have maxed out the Blunderbuss skill level.
In addition to the two obvious highlights, there are also other features that will be added with Update 1.5:
- world paintings: In each area you can find two different easels that will unlock paintings for your house
- Oracle Bone, the Loot Collector: A new enemy roams Aeternum reminiscent of the Loot Goblins from Diablo. If you hit the oracle bone, you have 45 seconds to kill it and always get a named weapon and other rewards
- Stinky the Hunter: For level 30 players, Weaver Bog has a new enemy, Stinky, that drops three named items
- Yetis: Some Winter Convergence yetis remain loyal to Aeternum and continue to roam the egg wastes
- Reworked areas: The Boundless Isle and Adrometus have been changed a bit in terms of layout and enemies
- Passive Regeneration: Previously, in New World, you did not automatically regenerate life points after battles. That is over now, because from now on you will automatically receive a buff that heals you outside of enemy encounters.
- Infinite Ammo: Ranged weapons such as the bow or the musket no longer require ammunition. Instead, stone arrows or the standard cartridges are now infinitely available. You only have to continue to produce better types of ammunition and they are consumed, but they also offer damage modifiers.
There are also some balance changes, such as a higher storage bonus for storage chests, and numerous bug fixes. You can find the complete changes of Update 1.5 on the New World website.
Alternatively, the YouTube channel Manacrew presents the most important changes in video form:
What’s next after that?
Despite the story finale, Update 1.5 is not the end of New World. Instead, there will also be more new content, as the developers recently confirmed again. There is even a rough roadmap until autumn 2022.
Two more expeditions are to follow in the summer, while a new area of the game world will be added in the fall. However, Amazon has not yet been able to elicit detailed details.
link to Twitter content
New expedition, new weapon and a finale: does update 1.5 lure you back to New World or have you already left the online role-playing game behind you? And if so, how might Amazon persuade you to return? Write us your thoughts in the comments!