The wait is over and all probation officers’ nightmare comes true: The GTA Remastered Trilogy has appeared and finally lets you hit the streets of Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas again. So, happy enough, now comes the less good news.
Because obviously bugs are also up to mischief in the virtual metropolises. Fortunately, if you read through the user reports on Reddit, that’s no
Game-breaking-Bugs. So you can play through the games and don’t have to worry about any problems with save games or the like. In terms of optics and atmosphere, however, things look different.
You can also get a good impression of the new optics in our analysis video:
GTA Trilogy: Definitive Edition – Video analysis of the new graphic details
You have to be prepared for this at the launch
The Reddit community has already made the effort and a collection thread with the bugs and glitches already observed. We’ll list the roughest ones at this point, for some of them there are already first solutions. It is very likely that a patch will appear shortly that will address these construction sites.
- Vanished fog: Yes, it sounds strange, but the lack of the gray veil that is ubiquitous on the horizon, especially in GTA San Andreas, has unple asant effects. Because this makes the game worlds appear much smaller, so you can now look from Los Santos to the desert without any problems. Here one suspects an engine problem with the visibility range, which is simply set far too high.
- Graphic errors in the plane: Driving is cool, but flying is even cooler. But if you rise too high in the air, you will be confronted with a few unsightly graphic errors. This looks a bit like a dragging effect that is occurring around the plane. In addition, the horizon looks strangely distorted and choppy, but this can also be due to the extreme visibility mentioned above. After all, the end of the game world is back there. In this video you can see what it looks like in motion:
Link to YouTube content
- Cars don’t have taillights: Brake lights yes, headlights as well, but you obviously have to do without taillights at the moment. The TÜV is not enthusiastic.
- Cyberpunk San Andreas: The protagonist CJ in San Andreas seems to have made a detour to the colorful Night City from time to time. In any case, with all the shimmering colors on his body, he looks a lot more futuristic. Even if the 90s were also colorful and flashy:
Link to YouTube content
- Strange animations / broken proportions: Strange body abnormalities have been discovered in both CJ and Tommy Vercetti. Either both guys should go to the doctor as quickly as possible, or the animations are still a bit flawed at the moment. You can do that particularly beautifully in this excerpt or also at this example here see.
- Frame rate / FPS stuttering issues: Yes, unfortunately the performance has not been spared the starting difficulties either. According to many players, there are drops in the frame rate on all platforms, but especially on the PlayStation 5. Here it should even go down to only about 20 FPS in some cases. Here is a first solution, albeit a temporary one, already found: Im
PerformanceMode, the problems should have largely disappeared.
- Poor audio compression: Even the voice output, which is so important in GTA, still seems to need optimization. In a Reddit thread, numerous audiophiles deal with the analysis of the language files it contains. It turned out that many of the speech samples sound significantly worse than the originals at the time.
- Strange Faces: Here, too, one can raise the question of whether the sometimes disturbing faces of some of the characters are a bug or intent. In any case, the dates in San Andreas in the future should almost be like a horror movie if you have to endure this sight:
Link to Reddit content
And what is the good news?
But we don’t want to end the article in such a negative mood. So, at the end of the day, there is still a whole lot of good news for you:
- the atmosphere: Even if many Reddit users complain about bugs, many agree in one respect: The atmosphere of the newly released GTA classics is right and ensures nostalgic delight.
- graphic: The modernized graphics can also really inspire in their best moments. Don’t you believe me then look at this picture comparison and be amazed!
- Big Smoke can still do it: Bugs, glitches, graphics – it’s all bells and whistles. What really counts is probably the funniest scene in the entire GTA series for many fans. Yes, we’re talking about good old Big Smoke and his unbridled appetite for, oh, you know:
Link to Reddit content
In 2021 we will complain about bugs and other problems in GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas. But did you know that 20 years ago, when the third part of the series appeared, really nobody expected that the all-dominating gaming giant would just be launched here? A journey back in time awaits you here:
more on the subject
Back then, nobody expected the success of GTA 3
Well, enough written, we have an urgent appointment in Vice City. Finally, we are of course still interested in your opinion: How much fun did you have with the GTA trilogy in the first few hours of the game, and did you come across any noteworthy bugs? Write us your police report in the comments!