- Amazon is launching a new Fire 7 tablet.
- The cheapest version of the smallest tablet in the series will cost 65 dollars.
- With 2 gigabytes, the new Fire 7 has twice as much RAM as its predecessor.
Amazon presents a new edition of its Fire 7 tablet, giving its smallest Android tablet a few upgrades in important areas. The main memory of the compact budget device has been doubled from 1 to 2 gigabytes, the quad-core processor is 2 instead of 1.3 gigahertz fast.
Amazon has also been able to extend the Fire 7’s battery life to around 10 hours of operation. The new tablet is to be delivered from the end of June 2022 and, in addition to the two selectable memory sizes of 16 and 32 gigabytes, also has a slot for a microSD of up to 521 GB.
Fire 7 tablet still low resolution
What Amazon hasn’t improved on the new Fire 7 tablet is the relatively low screen resolution. On the other hand, the small tablet does not really have to venture into the UHD spheres due to its display measuring less than 18 centimeters diagonally: The inexpensive device is easily sufficient for a bit of Netflix or DAZN on the side.
If you don’t mind the ads and are happy with 16 GB of internal storage, you can soon buy the Fire 7 tablet from Amazon for as little as 65 dollars. For younger users, the kids version of the Fire Tablet is being relaunched in 7 inches.
You can already pre-order the new Fire 7 tablet. According to Amazon, the delivery will take place on June 30th at the earliest.
Amazon Fire 7: The new tablet at a glance
- Release date: end of June 2022
- Price with advertising: 65 dollars (16 GB), 75 dollars (32 GB)
- Price without advertising: 80 dollars (16 GB), 90 dollars (32 GB)
- Operating system: Fire OS
- Display size: 7 inches
- Resolution: 1,024 x 600 pixels
- Processor: 4 x 2Ghz
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal memory: 16GB / 32GB
- Battery life: about 10 hours
- Kameras: 2 (Front: 2MP, Back: 2MP)
- Memory card: microSD up to 512 GB
- Connections: WiFi, USB-C, Bluetooth, 3.5mm jack
Don’t miss anything with the NETWORK-Newsletter
Every Friday: The most informative and entertaining summary from the world of technology!