Dying Light 2 will receive a major update on March 9th that will make a number of adjustments. The patch is up Steam already available for download. Along with fixes for game-breaking bugs, improvements to the combat system, new ragdoll physics, and more excitement in nighttime gameplay also find their way into the zombie slasher.
Here we list the most important adjustments that developer Techland is making in Update 1.2.0 for Dying Light 2. On the second page you can also read the full patch notes in Europe.
Incidentally, Techland addresses three criticisms that we criticized in the GameStar test. Specifically, there are new scenes for the end of the game, adjustments to the final boss fight, and graphical improvements to light and shadow.
Dying Light 2
Our test with rating
Highlights from Update 1.2
The improvements and fixes span numerous elements of Dying Light 2.
- Game destroying bugs: All so-called death loops known to Techland, which cause players to die repeatedly when respawning, have been eliminated. Also, quest stoppers and safe zone bugs that prevented sleeping should be a thing of the past.
- Improved combat system: Zombies should now cling to you more often. In addition, blunt weapons should now feel heavier, also due to improved hit feedback on enemies. In addition, human opponents can now better block your attacks.
Even before the improvements, the combat system was one of Dying Light 2’s greatest strengths:
Dying Light 2 Test Video – Lots of Light, Lots of Shade… wait a minute!
- Better Physics: Enemy ragdolls should now behave more realistically. They now react more differently to the different weapon types. In addition, the noise on contact with the environment should now correspond to the material of the surface.
- Harder depiction of violence: Techland makes slicing off body parts easier and adds more blood effects in Dying Light 2.
- More demanding nights: Dying Light 2 gets harder, especially at night, which addresses a major point of criticism from fans. Hunting level 4 should now be more difficult to survive. In general, Howlers can spot you from a greater distance, are less easy to take out with ranged weapons, and immediately raise the alarm if an attack fails. And the notorious Shadowhunters come out of hiding earlier and join the hunt.
- Beef Buy: Story blockers and crashes in multiplayer were also addressed in patch 1.2.
- New endings and final boss fight: The boss in Dying Light 2 is given alternative behavior patterns. Newly added scenes are intended to improve the ending of the story.
- Better representation of light and shadow: Both exterior lighting and sun and point shadows have been improved.
On page 2 you can read the complete patch notes for update 1.2 for Dying Light 2.