Preventing so much will be a dirty word my first test!
Let go of the ama … rrees
Okami tells the reincarnation of the sun goddess Amaterasu (Ama) into a white wolf, Shiranui, who has come to push back the darkness created by the dragon Orochi. You are going to recapture the Nippon with a speaking chip, Issun, the wandering artist. Armed with your heavenly brush, you will grapple with demons and infamies to restore happiness and color to an environment that initially turns gray.
In this pseudo-Zelda-like adventure, alongside conventional weapons, your main power is … drawing! With large lines, circles, and spirals you demonize and green Nippon, and even if the revival of the fauna and flora is wonderful at the beginning, the bellows falls far too quickly.
The abuse of Amaredsous stirs up
The game is considered “beautiful”, “artistic” … at best (except for 2-3 microzones) it is cute. In fact, the whole thing is incredibly bland and empty as possible: one or two pebbles, 4 trees, 90% of which are cherry trees, a few torii, two or three huts and above all a lot of green and here you have a whole area! Seldom has a game been as impersonal and clichéd as possible; It’s very simple, you will never stop thinking about something that is so simple. As for the characters, it is hardly better: large cubic bodies with eight inches of legs.
As for music, it is traditional in Japan to say so much after you’ve seen a review of that country and heard the host of that game; agreed too much …
My black beast is a white wolf
Yes, because unfortunately Okami has too many shortcomings:
– Backups can crash.
– the drawings created with the joystick or the touchpad work at best once in pairs, it is still a nerd for a game whose gameplay only works on one …
– Touch latency that makes it impossible to ride rapids in this mode
– the principle of the heavenly brush, which stops time, softens the action too much
– Fight without any effort, even that of the bosses
– Couloiresques, straight dungeons, with two or three rooms … Srieux?
– Nigmas flush with the daisies
– Brush techniques that do not renew the level design
– incessant talk and that does absolutely nothing
– … and besides, the dialog bubble only contains a dozen words at most; good luck if you want to read them
– Issun among the top 3 nervous henchmen with his girlfriend Fay
– the incredible feeling of plagiarism from Zelda OOT, less talent of course.
– the fight against orochi recycles three times … the identical
– “Humor” seen and rated a billion times
– Reusing the same wrong end 4 times …
– Amaterasu, who gives a person the call of the fox, when we learned shortly before that it is actually the weapon of the demon master …
– the island of the demon, which is supposed to be hidden but visible 2 hours before the message; pff
– oh yes, the goddess has super powers, but she is too stupid to be able to swim.
– the adventure is incredibly boring
– the complementary mini-games, each worse than the other, with a special mention for the indestructible snowball that ends up obscuring the view.
– the camera as slowly as possible and which crashes against the walls in an N64 generation
– Have to speak to the same PNJ several times to advance the dialogue or clear up a situation.
– The evolutionary aspect of Ama is pretty superficial considering that it is impossible to die.
– Sessions to learn techniques that will force you to come back on multiple purchases
Eventually, Okami saw himself incense under the guise of originality, though it’s hardly a draft I literally forced myself to play to, drowsy as it is.
With this game I have clearly found one of the worst games I have ever played …