On April 30, 2021, patch 1.07, the biggest update to date for the loot shooter Outriders, was released. Numerous changes and bug fixes for crashes and bugs have been implemented with the patch. After the update, numerous players on Reddit report that the patch not only improved the game, but also brought massive new problems.
They mainly concern the hit boxes of opponents and the scaling of damage. In the following article we collect what players currently have to complain about about Outriders after patch 1.07.
Outriders players are frustrated
The new patch came out on Friday and the patch notes looked promising at first. There were adjustments to the level scaling for groups and bug fixes for various armor and weapon mods. The restoration of the lost inventory, however, has not yet been resolved.
That’s why players are frustrated: In the Outriders subreddit, players report that content that was “previously problem-free” is “no longer feasible”. One problem are one-shots from opponents like a player on Reddit shows:
Link to Reddit content
Reddit user DandyfiedRhyme2 plays a tank with over 24,000 lives and is killed by a Brood Mother with just one blow. Other users report similar problems as well. Under the thread, some players suspect that a bug in certain mods is causing damage reduction to not work as expected.
Patch before the weekend also annoys players
The Outriders 1.07 patch was released on a Friday. Many players are annoyed that a hotfix will most likely not be deployed until after the weekend. Many players currently refer to Outriders as “unplayable”.
What else is being criticized? In addition to one-shots and problems with scaling opponents, numerous players report other problems:
- Damage reduction mods do not work correctly
- The range of some enemies is too great
- Problems connecting to the game and FPS drops
Hit boxes of the opponents do not fit. Opponents cannot be hit because dead enemies are in the way. The opponents, on the other hand, shoot through living enemies. (Source: Reddit)
Will there be a hotfix? After the numerous reports over the weekend, it can be assumed that a hotfix will fix the problems from Patch 1.07. We checked with publisher Square Enix and will update the news as soon as we get a response.
Outriders Patch 1.07 changes
The April 30th update fixed numerous multiplayer issues. We list the biggest changes. The full patch notes can be found in the official post from People Can Fly on Reddit.
- Fixed an issue where you could get stuck on the login screen
The problem that Crash reports consume too much disk space, has been fixed.
- Numerous bugs in equipment, mods, skills, quests, and mission areas have been fixed
- Balance change: Enemy snipers now give players more time to dodge their shots.
- Balance change: Reduces the amount of knockbacks from creatures in the Star Tomb Expedition.
- Balance change: The level scaling in a group has been revised. The system is now activated one level later if your average equipment is at least 3 levels higher than the opponent.
- The damage caused by players who are higher than the host level is less reduced. Players of a higher level no longer cause less damage with their equipment.
- Fixed a bug that prevented numerous mods from working properly when their effects were supposed to activate on gunshots or critical hits.
The persistent server problems of some players in Outriders were reason for us to speak to a full stack engineer who deals with servers every day. In an interview with him you will learn why it is not enough to simply connect more servers.
It’s not just the players who want outriders. We too would like six features for Outriders. You can find out which ones are in our special:
more on the subject
6 features Outriders absolutely needs
Did you play Outriders on the weekend and did you notice similar problems? Let us know in the comments.