The latest update of Phasmophobia has exited the beta phase and is now live.
today’s phobia The update adds two new ghost types, two other daily challenges, the Willow Street House map, and some changes and bug fixes.
Speaking of new ghosts, it’s worth noting that their spawn rate will increase by 3 times before the next update, so just know to get in.
In addition to the above, the update also adds a method to reset damaged saved files, a sell button in the item store, a swear word filter, and a confirmation timer when changing the resolution.
The smudge stick has been changed, the chance of demon hunting has been increased, and the text size of the thermometer has been increased.
Fixes include improvements to the performance and loading time of most house maps, the smudge stick can now be lit with candles, and the sound sensor should no longer display the wrong corridor name.
There are many other new, changed or fixed content listed in the patch notes, which you can read below.
Phasmophobia patch notes
- A new ghost type monster has been added.
- A new ghost type Hantu has been added.
- A new daily challenge “Take 3 star ghost photos” has been added.
- A new daily challenge “take dirty water photos” has been added.
- A method of resetting damaged saved files has been added. This is a very rare situation, if you get this, please join our discord and ask for help.
- Added profanity filters for user and server names. If your name is not offensive and is found, please report it.
- A sell button has been added to the item store to return 50% of the price.
- Added text to show the name of the level below the map in the truck.
- If you change the resolution, a confirmation timer is added.
- Added a new small house map called Willow Street House. This map has no closets or lockers to hide inside, and is designed around hiding behind furniture.
- The smoking time of the smudge stick was reduced from 15 seconds to 6 seconds to match the ghost delay during hunting.
- If the ghost sees or hears you inside instead of walking over, it will now go to the front of the closet/locker.
- If you fall off the map or cross the boundary, you will now be teleported to the last place you were, instead of returning to the truck.
- The corridors on the top and bottom floors of the high school are now divided into three parts. This will allow the evidence to more accurately determine the location of the ghost.
- The truck has been moved closer to the entrance of the prison.
- Players that are kicked will now be kicked automatically when they rejoin.
- The ghost now has a small chance to stay away from its room.
- Slightly increased the chance of demon hunting.
- The size of the thermometer text has been increased to make it easier to read in VR.
- The saving method of the alternate port value has been changed. This means that if you enable it, you will have to enable it again.
- Increased the chance of ghosts opening or closing doors when not hunting.
- Increased the ch ance of ghosts interacting with objects.
- Flip the high school and shelter truck maps to make them less confusing when navigating.
- Improved the performance and loading time of most house maps.
- Fixed a bug where the player’s voice would sometimes become high.
- High School: Fixed an error where the sound sensor showed the wrong corridor name.
- Fixed a bug where the device would not be transported back to the truck when it was out of range.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost changed the temperature in the wrong room.
- Fixed a bug where the new player set the volume to the old player’s volume.
- Fixed a bug where ghosts could not kill you in some closets.
- Several security points have been fixed.
- Fixed a bug that the player would still be displayed in the audio options after leaving.
- Fixed a bug that the resolution was sometimes set very low when it first started.
- Fixed a bug where the sensor could be placed on the wall behind other objects.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost never walked out of the room.
- Fixed a bug where if you pick up the EMF reader from the floor and put it in the inventory, it will still show a value.
- Fixed a bug where the applicator stick could not be lit with candles.
- Fixed an error where the thermometer would sometimes display the wrong room value.
') ); }); });}