A few days ago, Krafton published the timetable for PUBG for the coming weeks and months. With the update 12.1, the first major innovation is now available on the PC.
As promised, the update to version 12.1 of PUBG started on the PC on June 2nd; the console version should follow next week on June 10th. The focus of the patch is on the revision of the long-standing Miramar map, which is clearly spruced up and drilled out.
The map had already been revised on a smaller scale in 2019; In its time it offered new optical and lore elements. With version 12.1 you can now expect a significantly larger visual update that also uses newer technologies. These were previously used at Paramo and Haven.
Detached from the Miramar overhaul, version 12.1 has a lot more to offer. The most important features are officially stated as follows:
- Collaboration with El Solitario – Until the end of the year, players can purchase in-game outfits in the El Solitario style and the popular “Desert Wolves” off-road motorcycle. Two outfit sets are currently available: The “El Solitario Biker Set” and the “El Solitario Wolf Set”. Each includes a unique helmet, jumpsuit, gloves and boots.
- New ranking season – Update 12.1 marks the beginning of a new ranking season. Any rewards earned during Ranked Season 11 will automatically be found in players’ inventories once Season 12 goes live on June 2nd. Similar to the previous ranking season, ranking season 12 will run over a period of two months.
- Weapon skin upgrade system – The new Weapon skin upgrade system will make its debut with Update 12.1. It makes that possible Players to revise the appearance of certain weapon skinsby using certain materials and items in the game. These evolutionary weapon skins, available in weapon skin lucky boxes, gain new traits as they level up.
- New weapon “Lynx AMR” – Available in supply packs in normal Miramar game rounds, the L6 Lynx is the first armor-piercing rifle in PUBG. This semi-automatic rifle is capable of penetrating military equipment and armored players or vehicles. Intended as an effective counterattack against vehicles, the L6 can also be used as an effective sniper rifle against players if used wisely.
- New vehicle – quad – This all-terrain vehicle (ATV) available on Miramar has four low-pressure tires with a driver’s seat and a handlebar for steering. It is modeled after an ATV racing model, but has a rear seat for a passenger.
- Lobby-Ball – Players can kick around with a soccer ball while waiting on the starting island for a game round to begin. They can dribble, pass and shoot while waiting, or even start a short soccer game.