The mobile spin-off PUBG: New State received a fresh update in May – and as usual, this also brings new game content. We’ll tell you what you can look forward to.
Anyone who plays the somewhat more futuristic PUBG: New State on mobile platforms can now download the fresh May update on both Android and iOS. This includes a new map for the turn-based Deathmatch mode, but also a new weapon, a combat leveling system, a new action feature and a fresh Survivor Pass.
Above all, “Underbridge” gives you a new, grassy map under a bridge. There you will also find watchtowers and a river that separates the two map sides. The map is available in Round Deathmatch where you also have the combat leveling system described below.
The fresh weapon mentioned is a new Designated Marksman Rifle, DMR for short, namely the M110A1. The Survivor Pass is now in its seventh edition and awaits you with new unlockable items.
The most important features of the update according to official information at a glance:
- Underbridge arrives for round-robin deathmatch: Underbridge is the latest map in turn-based Deathmatch mode and is available now. The map is designed to challenge fast-paced, medium to long-range combat. Watchtowers are positioned in each camp, allowing players to spot enemy positions from afar. Unlike Arena, the previously released round-robin Deathmatch map, Underbridge will not spawn supply packs. Players receive items such as wide shields and a selection of grenades including a frag, poison, smoke and stun grenade for each round.
- New leveling system in Round Deathmatch: The round deathmatch mode gets a new combat leveling system with the May update. Players will now receive Combat EXP based on Team/Round Deathmatch results, including win, loss, kill, and damage. Players who leave the match and their squadmates during a battle will no longer receive Battle XP. Once players reach a certain combat level, they will receive a customization kit that can be used in the Round Deathmatch preset.
- New weapon – M110A1: The M110A1 is the latest DMR to be used in New State Mobile. This DMR uses 7.62mm ammo and has the fastest projectile velocity of any DMR in the game. Combining heavy damage with a stable recoil, the M110A1 comes with a range of equippable accessories including a scope, magazine, muzzle and cheekpad slot.
- Victorious Piggyback: Piggyback is a new action feature in New State Mobile. Players can now piggyback knocked out players (both allies and enemies) and take them to safety. However, players should be aware of their surroundings and use the feature strategically as other actions are unavailable during the Piggyback action.
- Ace of Survivors Vol. 7: The May update introduces a new Survivor Pass featuring Paul Rubin from the New State faction coming to New State Mobile. Players can earn Paul Rubin’s costume and character’s appearance by completing all story missions that are released weekly.