The BAFTA has once again handed out the annual Games Awards and Sony and Studio Housemarque can be happy because Returnal did a good job there.
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts, BAFTA for short, distributes the renowned Games Awards once a year and now it was time again. The action title Returnal by Housemarque was able to win big and bag several prizes at the same time.
The rogue-like shooter was able to secure the title of best game in particular, but also scored points in a few sub-categories. The game secured the title in the Audio Achievement and Music categories, as well as Jane Perry for portraying the lead role as Selene Vassos.
Sony studios also took home other titles in the form of Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart for Best Animation and Technical Achievement. The highly acclaimed It Takes Two didn’t go away empty-handed either, securing prizes in the Multiplayer and Original Property categories.
Here is an overview of the winners in their respective categories:
- Best game – Returnal
- Best British game – Forza Horizon 5
- Performer in a leading role – Jane Perry as Selene Vassos in Returnal
- Performer in a supporting role – Kimberly Brooks as Hollis Forsythe in Psychonauts 2
- EE game of the year – Unpacking
- Narrative – Unpacking
- Evolving game – No Man’s Sky
- Original property – It Takes Two
- Multiplayer – It Takes Two
- Debut game – Toem
- Game beyond entertainment – Before Your Eyes
- Family – Chicory: A Colorful Tale
- Animation – Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Game design – Inscryption
- Artistic achievement – The Artful Escape
- Technical achievement – Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Audio achievement – Returnal
- Music – Returnal