Diablo Immortal starts another closed alpha. The next test phase promises plenty of new content and, for the first time, the faction-based PvP mode.
Closed Alpha again only in Australia?
Back in December last year there was a technical alphawhich was only available to people in Australia, as well as selected journalists and influencers. With this alpha, Blizzard primarily wanted to test the network structure and server performance.
This trend seems to continue in the next, much more extensive alpha, as seen on the official Blizzard website called:
“The Diablo Immortal Closed Alpha will launch with a limited number of Android players in Australia. We will also invite some members of the Diablo community to join us as we continue to discuss Diablo Immortal’s key systems.”
In their detailed post, Blizzard not only explained to whom the alpha is available, but also provided all sorts of information about the new content that seems to play a decisive role for the final product.
We played Diablo Immortal … and had a lot of fun ?! – Our impressions from the Alpha
Faction-based PvP – The Cycle of Strife
What is the cycle of conflict?
This is a new PvP game mode in which two factions vie for supremacy. A cycle should last between one and three months and can be understood as a season. How long exactly such a season lasts should be determined with the help of this alpha.
Which political groups are there?
All Diablo Immortal players automatically begin their journey as adventurers. As an adventurer, you do not yet take part in the cycle of conflict, but have to earn access through playful progress and the completion of daily quests.
Adventurers who have made a name for themselves get the chance to rise to the rank of shadow. Shadows can unite in different houses, which represent the counterpart to guilds. As a shadow, you take part directly in the cycle of conflict and fight against the elite immortals, the last faction, which we will discuss later.
Shadows can engage in various activities to weaken the immortals:
- Loot the Vault: Here you enter the treasure chamber of the immortals and try to steal as much loot as you can. The longer you are in the vault, the more guards appear and block your way. Immortals can also be alerted by your break-in and teleport themselves near you to meet you in direct PvP combat. If you die in the vault, all loot is also lost.
- Path of Blood: In this mode you compete against a huge number of demons and monsters. The longer you fight, the more difficult and numerous the opponents become. With each completed level you earn more points and thereby increase your shadow rank.
- Assemblies: Shadows who have reached a certain rank have the chance to start their own house once a week.
- Rite of Exile: At the end of a cycle, the best houses under the shadows are allowed to challenge the immortals. If the shadows emerge victoriously from this conflict, they automatically become new immortals and a new cycle begins. If the shadows lose the battle, the immortals remain.
The Diablo Immortal elite, made up of the 500 best players worldwide composed. As an immortal you get access to some very special content and the resource “Essentia” which can be earned by completing daily challenges:
- The Crowns of the Immortals: In addition to the Eternal Crown, which belongs to the leader of the immortals, there are four other crowns that can be distributed to NCOs. Each crown grants offensive and defensive buffs that affect not only the person wearing it but also the players around them.
- What Torture: This is one 48-player raidavailable only to the immortals. To start the raid, you need a certain number of Essentia. In the raid, four bosses have to be defeated within 30 minutes. In the end you can expect not only a unique loot, but also a powerful blessing.
- Defend the treasury: As described above, Shadow players try to loot the Immortal Treasury. As an immortal you will be alerted in such a case and summoned into the vault to defeat the shadow.
more on the subject
Diablo Immortal allows Blizzard to make up for mistakes made by D3
New endgame content & more
Helliquary: After you have completed the main quest in Bilefen, you will be introduced by Deckard Cain to a barbarian named Rayoc. From him you will receive the so-called Helliquary, a tool with which powerful demons can be tracked down. Have you done the found demon, you can absorb the power of the monster.
You can improve the Helliquary with the resource “Scoria”. An improved Helliquary allows you to challenge even more powerful demons and thereby become even stronger.
Essence Transfer Vendor: A trader named Zamina awaits you in Westmarch, who will allow you to modify legendary pieces of equipment. Here, players have the opportunity to dismantle legendary items and thereby permanently add them to their collection.
The extracted essence can in turn be incorporated into other legendary items to change their appearance and name. Traits, attributes, strength and gems are retained.
more on the subject
All the latest information about Diablo 4: release, classes, skills and more
Battleground: An 8 vs 8 PvP mode in which you play as either a defender or an attacker. The attackers must defeat Guardians and bring their own vassals into the heart of the enemy. As a defender, you have to withstand the onslaught until the time is up.
- Mount Zavain is the home of the monks and is besieged by hostile beastmen.
Frozen Tundra is an ice desert in which there is also one new dungeon to explore there.
Playable classes: In addition to the barbarian, demon hunter, wizard and monk, the now also receives the Crusader Entry into the game. According to Blizzard, it should not stop there: The necromancer is still in the final preparations and would be submitted later. In addition, Blizzard explains in their FAQ section that they will add more classes to the game in the future.
Leave a Reply