The tactical shooter Ready or Not puts out a regular update cadence in Early Access on Steam. VOID Interactive relies on monthly content, feature and improvement patches. The March update was released on March 31, 2022.
Inside is a new weapon, new gameplay features and more. In addition, a new map appeared between the major patches. We introduce you to the innovations.
If you want to find out how Ready or Not works at all, the best thing to do is watch the following trailer. After all, the shooter is different from most well-known genre representatives and relies on a gameplay that has not been implemented since SWAT 4 in 2005:
Ready or Not: Release trailer helps with the tough game start in the tactical shooter
This is new in Ready or Not
In the last update in February, Ready or Not already brought a new map with Club, but it still consists mostly of gray boxes. The brand new map is called Brisa Cove and looks fully worked out.
It goes to luxury apartments that have been hijacked by terrorists. So far, only one mode is available to play, which involves barricaded suspects and hostages.
It’s in the March update
Let’s look at what’s new in the Ready or Not March patch. After buyers of the expensive Supporter Edition initially got access, the update is now available to all players.
- New weapons: With the M32A1 grenade launcher for Flashbang rounds and the M320 for Flash, Stinger and Gas, players have new tactical options for non-lethal overpowering of suspects.
- New function: SWAT officers can now shoulder and carry shackled suspects and civilians out of the line of fire. So far you could only push the NPCs to the side.
- New AI armament: NPC opponents can wear and detonate bomb belts in certain scenarios and maps.
- New view option: Night vision sight users now have a choice of white or green light.
- New sounds: More SWAT and NPC actions now emit their own sounds. For example, the knife attacks now have specific sounds.
In addition, the update for Ready or Not is packed with other improvements, including physics, maps, network, performance and bug fixing. on Steam you can read the full patch notes.
Here’s what we found in the Ready or Not Early Access test:
Ready or Not
Test: Not worthy of the big SWAT (yet).
Have you tried Ready or Not or even actively play? What do you think of the tactical shooter? Write us your opinion in the comments!