Anyone who has ever sat around a campfire in the middle of a deserted area at night knows how spooky it can be. No wonder many horror stories choose remote summer camps as the setting for horrific events.
The horror game The Quarry, announced on March 17, also has a group of teenagers accompany you through a night at summer camp – what could possibly go wrong? The Quarry is powered by Supermassive Games (Until Dawn
The Quarry: In the horror game, teenagers have to survive a terrible night at summer camp
release and platforms
The Quarry is slated for release on June 10th, 2022 on Steam, PS5, PS4, Xbox X/S and Xbox One. The game stands on its own and is not part of the Dark Pictures Anthology.
If you like being scared, but prefer more subtle horror and innovative concepts, then you should take a look at the game currently being given away at Epic:
Free bei Epic
This horror game changes its mechanics with each chapter
This is what you can expect at summer camp
But what is the story of The Quarry all about? The developers will probably not reveal too much in advance. Because their games are mostly about uncovering a secret that is also the key to saving the game characters. At least we already know a few details:
A group of nine teenagers who work as counselors at a summer camp plan to spend one last night partying there after the children’s departure. However, things quickly go wrong and the group finds themselves threatened by blood-smeared locals and something even worse. Until the next day dawns, the main characters are on their own and must do their best to survive.
If you want to know what makes good horror, read our interview with Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami:
more on the subject
What is real horror? Our exclusive interview
The most important features
- Decisions: As in all games from Supermassive Games, your decisions in cutscenes and dialogues are in the foreground. They massively affect the ending of the story. Even small things can have big consequences. It’s likely that every playable character in The Quarry can either die or survive, depending on your choices.
- Difficulty level: What is new, however, is that you can now change the level of difficulty of the game. How this works exactly is not yet known, but you should be able to customize all game elements. It is conceivable, for example, that you can adjust Quicktime events so that you have more time.
- Movie mode: If you want to sit back and just experience the story while playing, you can look forward to this new mode. Here you only have to choose how the story should continue.
- Optional Purchase Mode: In The Quarry you can play alone or experience the story together with friends. If you want, you can also put your fate in the hands of up to seven viewers, who then determine the decisions of the characters.
- Film-ready staging: As in other games, the developers worked together with actors who are already known from horror films. With the help of face capture, cinematic lighting technology and probably also cleverly selected camera perspectives, The Quarry wants one
cinematic roller coaster ridecreate.
What do you think of the first information about The Quarry? Are you looking forward to a new Until Dawn, or are you skeptical after the games of the Dark Pictures Anthology? Write us your opinion in the comments!
Leave a Reply