The next update to version 16.2 will be released soon for iOS and iPadOS. The release candidate was approved for all beta testers yesterday. In addition to the already known functions, further features are added. The in-house backup service iCloud now has end-to-end encryption for photos, notes, messages, iCloud Drive and more.
However, some services are excluded from the extended data protection option, such as the Website MacRumors reports. This includes iCloud Mail, Contacts and Calendar. As part of the RC version, Apple also presents a karaoke-like application called Apple Music Sing.
This is Apple Music Sing
Based on the live text function, the karaoke feature will be integrated into the existing Apple Music streaming service. Apple Music Sing should
Allow users to sing along to their favorite songs with adjustable vocals and lyrics in real time.
A number of options are available to the user, from adjustable vocals, backing vocals to a duet. In the following you will find out the exact possibilities:
- Customizable vocals: With this option, the user maintains control over the vocal level. You can also sing along with the artist’s original vocals, take the lead, or mix and match different songs from the catalogue.
- Live-Texte: You can sing along to animated lyrics on tracks. The lines move according to the rhythm.
- backing vocals: Independent of the main vocal, two vocal lines will be animated to make it easier for you to follow the music.
- duet view: As the name suggests, you can perform in a duet. The corresponding view occurs on the opposite sides of the screen.
Apple also announcesthat the Apple Music streaming service has a
Suite of 50+ dedicated backing playlists featuring all the epic songs, duets, choruses and anthems.
Users should be able to enjoy the karaoke-like service later this month. Apple Music Sing will be available for iPhone, iPad and the new Apple TV 4k.
Other innovations in iOS 16.2
The new update from Apple for the iPhones will be more extensive. One of the most anticipated features is Freeform, a whiteboard-like app that should be of particular interest for the iPad.
These new features come with iOS 16.2:
- Freeform: As already mentioned, it is a digital whiteboard that is almost unlimited in size. Aside from text, sketches and drawings, you can attach photos, videos, links and much more. The app is also available for collaborative work.
- Customization options for the always-on display: With the iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max, Apple has given its own smartphones an always-on display. So far, you could only activate or deactivate the exclusive feature. In the new update, background images and notifications can be hidden.
- New lock screen widgets: iOS 16.2 comes with two new widgets for the lock screen. This gives you a view for the sleep and medication app.
- Revamped Home app: After the Matter integration, more adjustments are coming for the Home app. Apple promises improved reliability and efficiency in communication between smart home accessories.
- More Live Activities: Apple sees the great added value of the new notifications on the iPhone in the tracking of various events. With the upcoming update, it should now be possible to follow sporting events live on the lock screen. Initially, the function is limited to sports leagues in the USA and Great Britain.
- Adjustments to Live Activities: In the settings you can increase the frequency by refreshing the live activities. Apple emphasizes the negative impact on battery life.
- SOS emergency call via satellite: In Europey you will soon be able to send an emergency SOS via the satellite function, even if there is no WLAN or mobile phone connection.
- Advanced stage manager: Users of an M1 or M2 iPad can extend the Stage Manager to external displays. Up to eight applications can be displayed simultaneously on the external screen.
When is iOS 16.2 coming?
As is typical for Apple, the new update will be available to everyone on a Monday. Now that the RC version is available for download for all beta testers, the official update won’t be long in coming.
We believe that iOS 16.2 will be released on Monday, December 12th at 7:00 p.m. as usual. As soon as the software update is available, go to the settings of your iPhone and select under
General the point
software updateto start the download.
Are you toying with the idea of switching to an iPhone 14? Our guide tells you who should switch to one of the new models:
Switch to iPhone 14? For whom the change is worthwhile
What do you think of the upcoming innovations? What options and customization should still be available for iPhones? Write it to us in the comments!