This week is all about bloodsuckers and survival. Because in addition to the big title Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong, the Hack & Slay V Rising is also coming out on Steam. There is also a whole range of insider tips that you should not ignore.
If you not only want to know when which games will be released, but also how good they have become, the results of the following survey may help you:
Which 5 game tests do you find most interesting in May 2022?
Highlight of the week: Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong
Genre: Round Tactics | platform: PC, PS4/5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, Switch | developer: Big Bad Wolf Studio | Release: 19. May 2022
Vampire Swansong: Trailer introduces RPG mechanics of the RPG hope
Vampire: The Masquerade was only recently released as another offshoot of the series: Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodhunt: the battle royale shooter with a vampire setting not only inspired players, but also many critics. So fans of the series should be all the more pleased to be able to play another title in the vampire saga this week.
Compared to the open-world adventure Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, the story-driven adventure with the subtitle Swansong is a bit quieter. Most of the time you are busy exploring open areas, listening to dialogues and following clues.
But that doesn’t make Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong a Telltale knockoff. Because as Fabiano has already noticed, there is also a real role-playing game in the vampire adventure:
Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong
There is far too little of this type of role-playing game
More exciting game releases of the week
Monday, May 16, 2022
- One More Island: City building simulator in the style of RimWorld. A special feature is the map, which develops dynamically and constantly provides variety and new challenges.
Tuesday, May 17, 2022
- V Rising: In the exciting genre mix of survival, open world and hack & slay, which is played entirely from the iso perspective, you fight for your survival as a vampire with numerous weapons and skills. If you want to know directly how good the hack & slay turned out, you should read our detailed test:
This survival gem didn’t need early access at all
- Outward: The open world role-playing game can be played through either solo or in co-op. The developers follow a hardcore approach and just throw you in at the deep end – just like they did with Gothic – without providing too much help.
Wednesday, May 18, 2022
- Gibbon: Beyond the Trees: In this platformer you have to swing your way through colorful levels, all of which are beautifully designed.
In this platformer you swing through the jungle as a gibbon
Thursday, May 19, 2022
- Endzone – A World Apart: In the development strategy game you have to try to rebuild a city after a nuclear catastrophe. Survival elements and resource management provide the necessary variety.
- Eternal Threads: In the story-driven first-person-adventure you have to save residents from a house fire with your decisions.
- Old World: Heroes of the Aegean: The first major addon is all about ancient Greece. The round strategy hit will be expanded by six new scenarios.
- Deadcraft:In this somewhat different survival title, you don’t have to fight against the undead, but fight against the last human bastion and take revenge on them.
- Decision: Red Daze: Zombies again, Survival again. In Red Daze you must build a secure base, manage resources and fight against hordes of undead.
Friday, May 20, 2022
- Dolmen: Attention Soulslike fans: The action-adventure transports the Souls mechanics into a sci-fi setting and even gives you laser weapons. As usual for the genre, you have to perfectly time melee and ranged attacks, blocks and evasive maneuvers in order to survive on the planet.
If you want to get an overview of all releases of the month, we have the right video ready for you:
New games for May – preview video for PC and consoles
Is there something exciting for you this week or do we have to put you off for another week? Tell us in the comments!