While the current Steam Summer Sale lures us with discounts on existing titles, we must of course not lose sight of the new releases that are launching this week. Especially since the most exciting titles this time are very diverse in terms of their genres. It starts with a fascinating indie role-playing game:
Highlight of the week: Alaloth
Genre: Roleplay | Developer: Gamera Interactive | Release: 30. June 2022 | Platform: PC
Alaloth: The new action role-playing game with Sacred flair is coming in a few days
In the world of Alaloth: Champions of The Four Kingdoms chaos reigns and the envious god Alaloth is primarily responsible for this. After winning the war of the gods, he turned his attention to the home of mortals.
It’s broken down into the four kingdoms of Dwarves, Elves, Humans, and Orcs, each with notable champions who could help you stop Alaloth. During the course of the story, you visit all twelve of them and try to win them over to your side.
But because they have their own personalities and goals, recruitment can sometimes go wrong and end in a life-or-death duel. All of the characters and the background story were penned by developer veteran Chris Avellone (Fallout 2 & New Vegas, KotoR 2, Pillars of Eternity, Prey).
Allegations against Chris Avellone
Avellone has been facing allegations of sexual harassment since June 2020. On Twitter, a woman accused the game designer of having drunk her heavily so that she could then perform sexual acts on her. In 2021, Avellone filed a lawsuit for defamation. A verdict is still pending. You read the entire chronology of events at gamesindustry.biz.
In terms of gameplay, however, the whole thing will not be a cakewalk, because Alaloth wants to be the first game in iso perspective whose fights are based on Dark Souls – so you have to block, dodge, study the opponent’s attack patterns and pay attention to your stamina!
Die The game world is random to a certain extent created. You build the background of your own character from the four peoples and over 40 houses and clans, then level up your skills, explore the extensive landscapes, solve quests, produce equipment and gain notoriety among the peoples.
Alaloth has been in development at Italian indie studio Gamera Interactive since February 2018 and will be released on 30. June 2022 on Steam and GOG.com as an early access version. If the game doesn’t suit your RPG taste, you might find what you’re looking for among our Summer Sale recommendations:
Steam Summer Sale:
These 8 role-playing games are now particularly worthwhile
More exciting releases of the week
Let’s now turn to the rest of the new releases in chronological order. As mentioned at the beginning, they cover a considerable range of genres from racing games to a beat ’em up.
Monday 27 June 2022
- Twin Circle: If you’ve always wanted to play the generator-starter mini-game from Last of Us, as well as several other titles, as your own rhythm challenge, then Twin Circle takes that wish to the extreme. Because here you have to distribute your attention to two circles at the same time and press the keys to the music for twenty levels.
Tuesday 28 June 2022
- DNF Duel: The 2.5D fighting game draws on the universe of the online beat ’em up, Dungeon Fighter, which was extremely successful in Asia (850 million players; $18 billion in sales). You fight your way through the story and ranking lists online or locally and learn the special fighting techniques of the individual characters.
- MX vs. ATV Legends: Off-road grass is popular here, because the racing game lets you chase best times in all kinds of bikes and off-road vehicles. Soloists enjoy career mode while social racers compete in 2-player split-screen or 16-player online multiplayer.
- Phobia – St. define hotel: It gets spooky in this first-person survival horror game in which you explore an old hotel in the Unreal Engine, fight nasty monsters with scarce ammunition and use the clues from different time periods to piece together the secret of the old walls.
- Disgaea 6 Complete: The popular anime-style tactical role-playing game from the Nintendo Switch is now available in a complete edition with all additional content on Steam. As the zombie Zed, you try to make a name for yourself in the Netherworld and stop the god of destruction.
Wednesday 29 June 2022
- SnackHunter: In the former Kickstarter project you either join the hungry magicians or the vegetables determined to survive and rush through the lovingly decorated levels with up to 16 players, use special abilities and lead your team to victory. Only one player needs to own the PC version, everyone else can play with the free smartphone app.
Thursday 30 June 2022
Outriders: Worldslayer – Preview video for the big story addon
Friday 01 July 2022
- F1 22: The racing game for the current Formula 1 season offers not only the usual features and updated data and cars, but also a new mode for sprint races and the Miami Grand Prix. Optionally, you can also climb into the cockpit with a VR headset.
F1 22 Preview:
New cars, more realism – and a helping of The Sims
Which game are you most interested in this week? Are you drawn to one of the role-playing worlds, to the off-road or Formula 1 race track, or rather to the scary hotel? Let us know in the comments!