No other Europe website reaches as many PC gamers as GameStar, and our readers could soon be yours too! We are expanding our team and are looking for freelance authors (m / f / d) with a technical understanding to report on all the exciting hardware and software that interests PC gamers.
Knowledge of the subject areas of PC hardware (graphics cards, CPUs, keyboards, monitors, etc.) is particularly desirable. Technical knowledge in other areas such as Windows and smartphones, internet and mobile communications, artificial intelligence and graphics engines can also be very helpful.
The position is to be filled with immediate effect as part of a freelance work.
What exactly are we looking for?
- When it comes to technical details, nobody is fooling you. From the latest leak to upcoming CPUs to the optimal Windows configuration to the advantages and disadvantages of the 5G expansion, you are always well informed and always up to date.
- You can express yourself precisely and are able to explain even complex issues in an understandable, compact and entertaining way.
- You don’t just want to report like everyone else has already done, but think outside the box and always give a story its own, exciting spin. Are there numerous examples of this in your work so far? Always bring it on!
- A clear structure and the best possible illustration are just as important to you in an article as a well-formulated text that is correct in terms of content. Ideally, you should therefore also master the basic mechanics of image processing
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to write news and other articles for the largest gaming website in Europey
- Lively exchange with the entire editorial team, in which everyone from the trainee to the editor-in-chief participates
- Clear guidelines and helpful guides to help you focus on the essentials while writing
- Coaching in all areas, from topic research to the search for a good headline to the creation of a teaser image that arouses curiosity
- Direct line to all important hardware and game developers in the industry
- Creative development opportunities: Do you have a clear opinion on a much discussed topic? Then write a column for us! Are you particularly familiar with a subject area? We look forward to helpful guides!
Framework conditions such as working hours and pay
- It is not a full-time position. We aim to work in the region of 20 hours per week or, but regular individual orders are also conceivable
- Flexible working hours are possible, but we are particularly pleased about applicants who can also write for us at the weekend in the medium term
- Promotion opportunities: Different fee rates depending on the level of experience
Did we spark your interest? Then send us an application with the following information:
- Who are you: A short cover letter with a résumé
- What you can: Work samples & links to your previously published texts
- Where you know your way around: List of your main topics (processors, Windows, etc.)
- When you are available: How often and how regularly you could write for us
Please apply under the Subject “GameStar Newsroom” directly to hardware editor Nils Raettig ([email protected]). We look forward to you!
The GameStar Codex – Who we are and what we stand for