Update [Fri 5th Nov, 2021 06:30 GMT]: Nintendo has now made the patch notes available for Version 2.0.0. Here they are in full – revealing all the content that’s been added including DLC support and bug fixes.
Ver. 2.0.0 (Released November 3, 2021)
The software has been updated if you see “Ver. 2.0.0” in the upper-right corner of the title screen.
- Brewster can now open a café in the museum.
- Kapp’n can now offer boat tours.
- Gyroids can now be unearthed.
- Harv’s Island can now be upgraded with an open-air market.
- Cooking has been added to the game.
- Group-stretching sessions can be started in the plaza.
- The Resident Representative can now establish ordinances to further customize the island.
- Seasonal events can now occur every year.
- The limited-time seasonal items from Nook Shopping will continue to be available every year as well.
- The software now supports Animal Crossing amiibo cards Series 5.
- It’s now possible to use all of the Animal Crossing series amiibo to invite characters to Photopia.
- The maximum number of designs that can be uploaded to the Custom Designs Portal has been increased to 200.
- When dreaming, it’s now possible to search for a destination by island name.
- It’s now possible to store recipe cards in your home storage.
- When using the catalog at Photopia, it’s now possible to select different variations of an item by using the X Button if you have obtained different variations of the same item.
- A new feature has been added to make it easier to search for stored items when using “Sort: Type” in Decorating Mode while in your home or other locations.
- As part of this change, adjustments have also been made to the order in which items are sorted.
- The following content has also been added:
- Additional items are available for purchase from various retailers like Nook’s Cranny and the Able Sisters.
- Additional redemption items are available as part of the Nook Mileage program.
- Additional limited-time seasonal items will be available from Nook Shopping.
- K.K. Slider has more music tracks to share.
- New hairstyles and Reactions have been added.
- New message-card options have been added.
- New activities have been added to the Nook Mileage/Nook Miles+ program.
- Home storage can be expanded.
Support for downloadable content (DLC)
This update adds support for the paid downloadable content Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Happy Home Paradise.
- Please note the following conditions must be met in order to play content from Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Happy Home Paradise.
- The building for Resident Services must be built.
- You must have your own house.
- You must have finished the DIY workshop.
Adjustments and fixed issues
- Some item names have been changed.
- An issue where only trash or stones could be obtained from created water features with a certain shape has been fixed.
- Other adjustments and corrections were made to improve the gameplay experience.
Original article [Thu 4th Nov, 2021 02:00 GMT]: Nintendo has rolled out its final major update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons ahead of schedule. Instead of November 5th – it’s out now, so get downloading!
While you’ll be able to access all of the content in the free content in the Version 2.0.0 update, it seems the DLC component (Happy Home Paradise) hasn’t gone live just yet.
To manually update your copy of Animal Crossing (if automatic downloads haven’t already downloaded the patch), hold the ‘+’ button when the game icon is highlighted, and navigate to the software update section to begin the download.
The Happy Home Designer DLC can be purchased separately for $24.99USD / 24,99 Euros / £22.49 as is also available as part of the Switch Online’s ‘Expansion Pack’ tier. Here’s a sample of what you can expect:
Have you downloaded the final major update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons yet? Tell us down below.