Interplay Entertainment and developer Black Isle Studios have announced this evening that Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance 2 is Nintendo Switch bound this summer. You’ll get enhanced graphics from the original release, which first appeared on PlayStation 2 and Xbox in 2004, and also local cooperative play. You can check out the trailer for the newly announced Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance 2 remaster down below. A release date should be shared soon as it is due to for release in the next few months.
“Based in and around the city of Baldur’s Gate itself, the game features five playable characters and classes and spans dozens of locations. Featuring the ability to create custom weapons and armor, players can improve items by using runestones and gems while playing through the game’s four difficulty levels; “Easy,” “Normal,” “Hard” and “Extreme.” Whether choosing the barbarian, monk, necromancer, rogue or cleric, players will have to actively fight through hordes of monsters ranging from Hobgoblins, Ghouls, Golems and dreaded Dragons while dodging attacks and evading deadly traps. All versions of Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance IIsupport local co-op play, while the Steam version will support Remote Play for a long-distance co-op experience. Fully verified on Steamdeck, now’s the perfect time to grab an ally or brave Baldur’s Gate on the move and play the sequel that defined a generation.”
- Hack your way or cast powerful spells through over 80 perilous levels.
- Hidden areas, secret characters, and hundreds of items to discover, customize, and use.
- Forge unique magical weapons and armor to maximize the damage you inflict in battle.
- Conquer hordes of beasts and armies of Hobgoblins, Ghouls, Golems and dreaded Dragons.
- Compelling single or two-player cooperative modes of play.
- Four difficulty levels to challenge even the hardiest adventurer; “Easy”, “Normal”, “Hard” and “Extreme.”
- Fully voice-acted by an all-star cast and two secret characters; Drizzt Do’Urden and Artemis Entreri.
- Verified Steam Deck certification.
- Local co-op support!
- Fully voice-acted by an all-star cast