Publisher Big Sugar and developer Glowfish Interactive have announced a brand new action-adventure game, Trifox, which will be launching on Switch and other platforms in 2022.
The game has players taking on the role of the titular Trifox, setting out on an adventure to track down mysterious looters who attacked his home and stole his TV remote. We’re guessing that TV remote’s pretty important to him, because we’d probably just give in, leave a disgruntled tweet and buy a new one. That wouldn’t make for an interesting game though, we suppose.
It’s been inspired by 3D platforming greats and makes use of “magic, might, and marvellous gadgets.” Here’s a feature list and some tasty screenshots:
– Three different classes: Wield a giant hammer as a Warrior! Master magic and mystery as a Mage! Use a backpack full of gadgets as an Engineer!
– Mix-and-match styles: Customise your Trifox by combining different class-based abilities! Want to cast spells and fire a Gatling Gun? No problem!
– 30 abilities to unlock: Collect and spend coins to gain new skills, such as Spike Slam, Shield Bubble, Guided Missile, and many more!
– Four worlds to beat:Fight hordes of enemies, traverse platforming pitfalls, overcome environmental puzzles, and battle big angry bosses!
– A modern retro adventure: A new and fresh experience designed to evoke the spirit of classic 3D platformers!
Trifox is Glowfish Interactive’s debut title, but it’s already on the radar of gaming fans in the studio’s home country of Belgium, where it was nominated as ‘Most Anticipated Game’ at the Belgian Game Awards.
Is it on your radar too? Will you be keeping an eye out for more details on this one over the coming months? Tell us below.