Polish indie publisher Pineapple Works has announced that Oddventure, an RPG inspired by the likes of EarthBound and Undertale, will be making its way to Switch next year.
Developed by Infamous Rabbit, the game’s described as a “lore-rich turn-based crazy JRPG set in a cursed fairytale world.” While a Q3 2022 release window has already been pencilled in for both Switch and PC, a Kickstarter will go live next month
Oddventure is a JRPG where you play as Charlie – a nihilistic and rebellious teenage girl with anger issues and social awkwardness. Your search for troublesome younger brother Bonzo is also looking for a way back home. The setting for Charlie’s misadventures is the Kingdom of Luxia, a land taken straight out of original Grimm Brothers’ fairy tales with a dark, Nietzschean twist.
Here’s a list of Oddventure’s key features:
● Meaningful choices – EVERY decision matters, sometimes in the most unpredictable ways.
● The friendly JRPG where nobody has to die… but can. In a horrible way.
● Countless hidden secrets reference to pop culture and fairy tales.
● Bitter-sweet comedy mixed with some coziness and dark humor.
● A life-changing gaming experience.
You can actually go ahead and check out a free demo of the game on Steam if you’d like to give it a spin. Otherwise, make sure to stay tuned for the Kickstarter going live on 6th May if you’re keen on learning more and backing the project.
Leave a Reply