Nintendo insider Emily Rogers has been sharing details about as of yet unreleased Fire Emblem game which is in development for the Nintendo Switch family of systems. Nintendo themselves haven’t officially stated that they are working on a new game in the series, so we can’t mark this as gospel. Emily says that the game was originally positioned to be announced during the Fire Emblem franchises 30th anniversary, but Nintendo decided to spend more time polishing it. The new Fire Emblem game is is collaboration between three game development studios Intelligent Systems, Koei Tecmo and Gust and has a brand new story. Here’s what Emily had to say about the game
- Upcoming Fire Emblem is a new game, not a remake. Brand new story.
- Collaboration between Intelligent Systems, Koei Tecmo and Gust (division of Koei Tecmo Holdings).
- Gust heavily assisted with the visuals / graphics. Graphics are an improvement over “Three Houses”.
- Originally intended as an anniversary game to celebrate FE’s 30th anniversary. The game has been finished for over a year.
- Main character (main lord) has strange red and blue hair. His mother is a dragon.
- New “Emblems” gimmick allows players to summon “FE characters from the past” for your squad.