The Sonic the Hedgehog franchise started back in 1991 on the SEGA Mega Drive and of course continues to this day with Sonic’s largest 3D adventure, Sonic Frontiers, available at retail and on the Nintendo Switch eShop, today. SEGA is now looking for a Sonic Lore Master to keep track of the spiky blue hedgehog and his friends, enemies and associates exploits over the years. It is not just the games that you need to be knowledgeable about as you have got the various Sonic the Hedgehog animated shows, the comics, the films, etc. If you think you are the person for the job then can apply for the position
Reporting to the Director of Lore and Creative Strategy, the Sonic Team is seeking an Associate Manager, Lore to support the growing needs of our lore team. With both project management and creative duties, you will be immersed in the organizing and shaping of Sonic lore, canon, characters, and universes, helping to bring consistency, connectivity, and creativity to all things Sonic across various forms of media including games, animation, comics, and more. Codifying the current status while planning for the future, you will help the lore team stay organized, prioritized, and galvanized, all while facilitating transparency and communication across the organization.
This role will interface closely with teams around the world. We strive to foster a supportive, thoughtful, innovative, flexible, collaborative, and most importantly, respectful work environment, and are looking for team members that share these same values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary facilitator for our lore team: helps to set priorities, organizes and leads meetings, takes notes, and reports results.
- Assists with the creative process, including brainstorming, script writing, and providing feedback.
- Lore team administration, including navigation of legal and finance processes
- Reviews story content for narrative accuracy and consistency.
- Stakeholder in verifying and approving lore documentation
- Supports other Sonic teams, including game development, marketing, licensing, and animation, through proactive communication, alignment, and intake of lore inquiries.
- Monitors and reports on evolution of entertainment and development of IP.
- Able to take on other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong project management skills with high-level attention to detail
- Experience leading a team of creatives, preferably in a similar capacity to this role
- Comfortable communicating/presenting narrative information to a wide range of audiences and experience levels
- Skilled collaborator and seeker of diverse opinions
- Strong written communication skills
- Comfortable creating visual lore references and narrative content summaries
- Proficient in using Adobe Creative Cloud and Office 365 software products
- Extremely well-versed in all things Sonic (lore, characters, games, animations, comics, movies, etc.)
- Passion for collaboration and evolving the creative process
- Passion for all types of media and entertainment
- Animation production management experience