Nintendo is readying the release of a new patch for the excellent Splatoon 3 which will be distributed tomorrow. Version 1.1.2 contains a number of fixes, but most importantly it should put a stop to the frequency of communication errors which continue to plague the game from time to time, whether you are playing Turf War, Anarchy Battle or Salmon Run. You can read the full patch notes for Splatoon 3 Version 1.1.2 down below and watch out for the update tomorrow.
Changes to communications
- Additional measures have been taken in order to tackle the issue with communication errors occuring frequently at the end of battles or Salmon Run shifts, depending on the network environment.
Changes to Player Controls
- Fixes an issue occuring when using Dualies: if you hold down the ZL button and perform a dodge roll while holding down the ZR button, you stop shooting and switch to your squid / octopus form the moment the dodge roll is over.
- Fixes an issue occuring when using the Drop Roller ability: if you press the ZR button while holding down the ZL button while performing a roll, you switch to your squid / octopus form the moment the roll is over even though you’re holding down the ZR button.
- Fixes an issue occuring when using the Splatana: if you perform a horizontal slash immediately after a charge slash, you perform two horizontal slashes instead of one even though you only pressed the ZR button once.
Changes to Battles
- Fixes an issue causing players to become immune to damage for a certain amount of time after the protective shield granted by Booyah Bombs is destroyed.
- Counter-measures have been implemented in order to adress an issue impacting the Tacticooler: if a Tacticooler is placed in the corner of certain maps and players switch from their squid / octopus form to their human form right next to it, they can reach out of bound areas.
- Fixes an issue causing the game to crash when exiting locker customisation with a photo frame in your locker.
- Fixes an issue impacting the Catalog: if a communication error occurs, or the game is shut down, when your Catalog level reaches 100 and the next Catalog becomes available at Hotlantis, the event where you can claim the Catalog will not be triggered again.
- If you have already encountered that issue, simply head to Hotlantis after downloading the update to claim your new Catalog.
- If you participated in the first Splatfest and saw the final results announcement but did not receive your Super Sea Snails, the final results announcement will play again and you will be able to claim your rewards.
Notes: this update is a hotfix aimed at providing additional fixes for communication-related issues and correcting some issues related to player controls and battles.
Regarding communication errors, we have found that players can be disconnected from the server during battles and Salmon Run shifts due to a combination of settings from their network device and internet service provider. We have taken measures in order to prevent such disconnections, and to make it possible for the connection to be restored in case errors are encountered.
Other temporary fixes have been applied to deal with some issues impacting how gameplay feels and the responsiveness of controls.
Regarding the issue of players reaching out of bound areas using the Tacticooler, we felt it was more important for us to provide an incomplete fix quickly rather than leave it as it is while we’re working on a complete fix. If players are found to inconvenience other players by abusing this glitch, they will be suspended in accordance with the terms of the Nintendo Account Agreement.
The next update will focus primarily on balance adjustments and other issues that were outside the scope of the current update. We continue to observe and analyze battle data and are planning to make adjustments at the midpoint of the current season.